Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Time For A New Scottish Meet Co-ordinator?

Jimlad

No disrespect to Michael at all, he's a great chap!!!

But tbh I don't think his heart is in it anymore... he's not on TOC often and the meet organisation has seriously gone down hill!

Don't mean to annoy you Michael in anyway... you know that!! :D

Just something needs to be done here.... :unsure:

As I said in the other thread , first sunday in the month.

Don't expect everyone to turn up to every meet but there are plenty of members

so no reason why we can't get a good turn out at each meet!

So... Edinburgh or Glasgow for the first one??

By the way, when Jim was scot mod before he did alot to make the meets as good as they were

but it was always a team effort so looking for the same commitment if he's (or anyone for that matter) doing it again!

Thats what you were gonna say, isn't it Jim?? :D

As I said in the other thread , first sunday in the month.

Don't expect everyone to turn up to every meet but there are plenty of members

so no reason why we can't get a good turn out at each meet!

So... Edinburgh or Glasgow for the first one??

By the way, when Jim was scot mod before he did alot to make the meets as good as they were

but it was always a team effort so looking for the same commitment if he's (or anyone for that matter) doing it again!

Thats what you were gonna say, isn't it Jim?? :D

Yeah..... What he said! ^^^ :D

If I get the job, then I'll organise something. Tbh it was always a joint effort between myself and Rico.

You ideally need one person organising the meets (or two in the case of Rico and I), or things get messy. Meets all over the place and nobody knows what's going on!

Even a meet at Envy isn't out of the question as it's only in Newcastle and others from Engerland can pop along? (and I can steal some stuff for the Supra)

So, until something official is sorted out, no meet organised... ;) Oh.. and I would expect some free stickers to give to all scottish meet members! :D

Having thought about this for a while.. i don't think it would matter who the "Scottish meet co-ordinator" is.. meets try to get organised, dates get put forward, members say the can/can't make it.. dates get changed other members can/can't make it.. it's one great big merry circle.

I suggested before that a certain day of every month or once every two months be set aside for club meets, that way our Scottish members would know the dates in advance and be able to plan ahead..

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=60174

...but it got caught up in the same merry circle, and nothing happened about it, I also posted looking for suggestions of things we could do during these meets..

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=49226

... but never had the desired affect as there was not enough suggestions.

We should ALL take responsibilty for poor scottish meets or the lack of numbers involved in them, this is most deffinately NOT Mikey's fault, he trys but nothing happens. I now think it is MUST to have dates pre-scheduled on a like it or lump it kind of thing.. we don't have a choice when JAE is do we?.. then as said before, in the weeks leading up to a meet, we could discuss the locations and activities that our members want to participate in, wheather it be karting, pub lunch, a drive, a theme park or anything else members think of.. even meeting at a local cruise could be a goos laugh.

So lets not put the blame on Michael.. it's OUR fault as a collective.

(and before anyone points out that i don't go to many meets.. i have allready stated in one of the threads above that i know it is a bit rich coming from someone who can't make most meets.. but i work every weekend and sometimes 1 weeks notice (after a few changes of dates etc) isn't enough to swap shifts, and if you are married with kids.. karting can be expensive :P )

I think the fact that it's open to so much discussion is the problem.

A monthly date should be set and an activity organised. If people don't like it or can't make it, then fair doos, maybe they can make the next one.

There's never been a problem in the past about people not liking what we do on the meets.

Like it's been said, even going to Edinburgh/Glasgow cruises etc could be classed as a possible monthly meet.

I'm gonna put a date fwd soon along with activity or we'll just be floating about in limbo forever!!

what's your take on the situation then?? Must have an opinion??

(btw, this is in no way any kind of attack on Michael!!!.... love that bloke! :D )

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links