Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Induction Kits And Insurance

manphibian

Hi folks

i'm thinking of getting a k&n induction kit, but i was just wondering how much people's insurance has gone up after declaring them?

my insurance is about £400 with Tesco, how much can i expect it to go up? When i asked how much it would be with non standard alloys, they said £150 more!!! :eek:

If it's more than a few quid i'll not bother!

Thanks in advance, :thumbsup:

Luke.

p.s sorry about the double post - mods feel free to delete the thread in Celica section :)

all depends on the insurance company some allow a few small modifacations others wont even insure the car if its modified but its always best to inform the insurer that the vehicle is modified as you can bet in the event of a claim and they find a way to riggle out of paying out they will, I even mentioned my tow bar as a modifacation as it wasnt standard equipment.

You could always ask them and see what they say

Your probably looking at about 40-100 pound more, i paid 100 more for mine as i am only 17 and dad paid 55 on his S2K for one!

Your probably looking at about 40-100 pound more, i paid 100 more for mine as i am only 17 and dad paid 55 on his S2K for one!

really :blink:

that's more than i thought :(

problem is i can't check as it's my dads policy, and i know what he'll say when i mention it :lol:

Insurance is all about "risks", it really does vary from insurer to insurer...just say to your Dad that you want to enquire, as it's a "Christmas Present" you'd like or something :lol:

I just asked mine for a quote for induction kit and general mods but will have to wait and see what they say! I would be quite happy paying money to know it's covered but i would be sooo miffed if they said i couldn't mod at all :( Fingers crossed!!!

ok... this is me.... im possibly a jammy git...

last year... £635ish for insurance inc breakdown cover (6 points, 24 y/o female)

this year.. £660ish for insurance (+40ish for breakdown) (3 points, 21 day ban +fine, induction kit (apexi) and non standard alloys)

im now 25 :P

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links