Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Copmressor Or Not

The Gooner

Hi all

I am looking at going back to a Tsport as I miss the thrill of driving you get from the lift. I have had an 04 5 door Tsport.

I am looking at compressor but not sure if performance gain is justifiable to cost so not sure wether to get a face lift Tsport or go for the compressor.

Has the handling been improved on Compressor ect .

Any thoughts or help from those who have had privallage from driving both would be helpfull.

I am asking as were I live the nearest compressor to test drive is quite a drive so want to get as much info as I can before I go steaming off to look.

Thanks in advance Goons

I have owned both and I regard the Compressor as a far superior car for the money.

I am basing this on having spent just under £16k on and ex-demo Compressor compared to when I bought a brand new T-Sport.

The Compressor has lots of goodies apart from the Supercharger including lowered Eibach springs, 17" wheels, alloy strut brace, alloy pedals and body kit to name a few.

Most people buy T-Storts then add bits like springs so I figure it is better to have a factory built car with the extras already on it :thumbsup:

Oh, one thing, if you do test drive one make sure the engine is up to temperature otherwise it will not go well :rolleyes:

Thanks alot

The one im looking at is red and standard. I was wondering if th handling has been imroved as well as performance, do the lowerd springs imrove it.

Is it easier to stay in power than the standard tsport with the supercharger.

Thanks alot mate

Goons

Hi all

I am looking at going back to a Tsport as I miss the thrill of driving you get from the lift. I have had an 04 5 door Tsport.

I am looking at compressor but not sure if performance gain is justifiable to cost so not sure wether to get a face lift Tsport or go for the compressor.

Has the handling been improved on Compressor ect .

Any thoughts or help from those who have had privallage from driving both would be helpfull.

I am asking as were I live the nearest compressor to test drive is quite a drive so want to get as much info as I can before I go steaming off to look.

Thanks in advance Goons

How did you get hold of an 04 5dr T Sport?

As for the compressor, i have only test driven one. The experience was raw, straight line speed was impressive. Handling is tighter but still a little soft for the power, you'd feel that the chassis shouldnt belong to the engine. I felt no lift despite it being VVTLi, but the power delivery was strong all the way to the top revs...

Saying all this, i cant justify 20k for this corolla.

Theres low mileage used compressors around now for a lot less than 21k

How did you get hold of an 04 5dr T Sport?

Was for sale at local toyota dealer registered march 2004. It was one of last ones before they ditched the 5 door Tsport and just sold 3 door. Im sure ive still got some piccys of it

I have owned both and I regard the Compressor as a far superior car for the money.

I am basing this on having spent just under £16k on and ex-demo Compressor compared to when I bought a brand new T-Sport.

The Compressor has lots of goodies apart from the Supercharger including lowered Eibach springs, 17" wheels, alloy strut brace, alloy pedals and body kit to name a few.

Most people buy T-Storts then add bits like springs so I figure it is better to have a factory built car with the extras already on it :thumbsup:

Oh, one thing, if you do test drive one make sure the engine is up to temperature otherwise it will not go well :rolleyes:

The Facelift T-Sport also has Eibach springs, strut brace in front and back, alloy pedals and a body kit.

But it only has 16" wheels though...

/Timo

The compressor!!!

Constant power! NICE

BUT...

you loose that lifting smile you get when you hit 'lift' (lift still is there but its not an apparent feel like the normal CTS)

The normal CTS!!!

LIFT LIFT LIFT 'LOVE IT'

BUT....

You find it a little slugish trying to get you to lift sometimes!!!

Sooo.....

its 6 of one half a dozen of the other!!!

Think your best taking a nice long test drive to tbh

P.s Worth a mention Compressors are at rock bottom price there are loads for sale at the 15k mark check out the toyota website and click used cars!!!

Hi all,

I went from a 04 TSport to a compressor earlier this year and after a few teething problems, have to say I wouldn't swap it back. Ok you don't get the lift but your not supposed to!!!! its supercharged, if you can grab one for around 15 to 16k go for it there is plenty around, my local dealer was selling a brand new compressor for 15,995..

Its a personal thing a car but this far exceeds my 04 Tsport!!

does tsport facelift have strut brace in the back ? anyone got photo.

Yes it has!

I'll post a pic tomorrow!

I think the Compressor has too...

does tsport facelift have strut brace in the back ? anyone got photo.

cc4.jpg

Do you have the engine in the back or what the H*ll?!! :P

I'll post you a pic of the strut brace in the BACK when I have recharged my camerabatteries! :thumbsup:

Here we go:

StrutBrace001.jpg

StrutBrace002.jpg

StrutBrace003.jpg

well after looking around look like we will go for Tsport norm aspirated. COmpressor sounds nice but I think we will be happy with Tsport.

Does the face lift tsport 2005 model have the anti glare mirror and auto wipers.

Thanks for all advice

Does the face lift tsport 2005 model have the anti glare mirror and auto wipers.

My Compressor does

Timo, does that strut brace connect to either sides of the floor of the car or is there some sophisticated bracketry that connects it to the top of the dampers?

thanks for the photo's.

it does looks like is bolt on to the floor i have just check and look in my car,from the area photo's have been taken it is way too far from the suspention and have no room for anything to get pass to get to the suspention bolts :o unless i am wrong i dont see how it could work effectivly when it is not bolt on to the top suspention bolt's,all strut bar are suppose to work with the suspension if is not attach on to it then how will this setup work far as improving handling goes ?. :blink:

this is why i ask to see rear strut i only ever heard of people cutting the panel and attach the strut bar from both side of the top suspention bolt's which is how all car's are setup but this above setup i have never seen before.

Chris.S did you buy your Compressor from new.

Yes it has!

I bought mine as a pre registered, it had done 40 miles when i collected

Timo, does that strut brace connect to either sides of the floor of the car or is there some sophisticated bracketry that connects it to the top of the dampers?

Hmm, good question! Haven't thought about it. But I will check until tomorrow after work.

It should be bolted on top of the dampers but Toyota maybe have a own technical solution here :lol:

But I'm sure it's helping otherwise they would'n fit something there that most customers wont even notice!

Well I'll check it!

T128 has also checked...

I would definitely go for the Compressor if it wasn't about the money! :drool:

But with the extra cash I dont know if you get that much more!

It's also cool to have a engine without superchargers, smaller than 2.0 L, but near 200HP!! :yahoo: (I said near)

That makes 105 break horsepower per litre!! :thumbsup:

just had a look at my compressor and that as you call strut brace is not on my 06 compressor .now looking at the photo correct me if im wrong but what you are calling a strut brace actually looks like a damper similar to what supports the tailgate .does the yellow triangle on the tube indicate the unit is under pressure as in gas pressure.if so it seems as if it is a damper for what i cant see what it would do :unsure: .mine has the brackets but the brackets are not very robust indicating not to much load could be passed through them!!!!

reason i ask your engine bay look just like a brand new car :)

also one more thing i begining to notice i havn't notice anyone had a brand new corolla compressor they all seens to register with a toyota dealer as the first keeper :eek:

reason i ask your engine bay look just like a brand new car :)

also one more thing i begining to notice i havn't notice anyone had a brand new corolla compressor they all seens to register with a toyota dealer as the first keeper :eek:

i think they registered them to be able to reduce price cos people wouldn,t pay 20k for them, mine was registered with 40 miles on it when i bought it . :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links