Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Christmas Decorations

Blue84

So, following on from the other Christmas threads on here...

When are you or did you put your decorations up for Christmas? Do you keep it kinda simple or do you do the complete opposite?

We've got the majority of our stuff down from the loft, it's just a case of now putting it all together and on display instead of in boxes in the living room :lol: We dont go crazy, we have a tree, icicle lights & a fair few ornaments dotted around. We used to have hanging decorations but the Parents seem to shy away from that these days!

The g/f went a bit mad & put them up yesterday - its like Santa's Grotto at her house :lol: well she does have 2 kids under 10 so its mainly for them.

J

We usually put ours up 2 weeks before christmas,

however as i go away this weekend for 2 weeks i put ours up sunday.

we have a tree and garland round the picture and mirror,

i like our decos to look classy and rustic.,i like the traditional look.

i'm not into bright coloured plastic tat :P

each to their own i guess, but the idea of a 20ft high inflatable santa outside scares me silly :lol:

Our X-mas decorations go up the first weekend before the 10th December. The 10th is the GF's birthday and she likes them up for it. Big kid that she is.

No decorations in my place. I hate Christmas.

I told my Niece Santa had died so I don’t have to buy her a present

Humbug...

DTC-0013-Carol-Scrooge-1-W.jpg

:ffs:

I told my Niece Santa had died so I don’t have to buy her a present

Humbug...

Wonder if that will work with Christine? :D

Have ours up 12 days before & (the best bit) back down 12 days after. :rolleyes:

Ours are 12 days before and come down 12 days after

We dont go overboard as it takes too long to put them up and we cant be ar*ed, but ive got a feeling we might have to put more up next year as our kyle will be able to appreciate it more when hes running about terrorising us all :help: :P

Have ours up 12 days before & (the best bit) back down 12 days after. :rolleyes:

Yeah, isnt that the tradition - for the 12 days of Christmas?

You put them up 12 days before, its supposed to symbolise the amount of time it took the wisemen to get to Bethlehem (bit of useless trivia for you there!) and the decorations are meant to symbolise the star the wisemen followed, hence the 12 days before and obviously it took them another 12 days to get home afterwards! :lol:

Our family used to follow the 12 day rule, but apart from a tree, we dont have many decs up - at the house we did but our Jess annihilates decorations and climbs the tree so dunno what we'll do this year :lol: But Mum & Dad are the parents of semi-grown up kids (youngest is 17) and Christmas is really for the younger kids, so all we have is a tree now whereas when we were little, we had loads! :thumbsup:

However the wise men were actually late and didnt turn up when everything else was kicking off (apparently)

Anyways... no decorations here.. however my first batch of pressies is here, so wrapping will commence after a themed wrapping trip to Tesco for paper n ribbons...

We generally have a blue n silver theme to xmas (green tree of course) and a few other little decorations... nothing major tho as I'll be spending xmas at the parent's place.... had 3 trees there last year... hopefully same again this year :) always feels a little more Xmassy then

Nick put ours up monday (bit of a suprise as he hates them normally!)

Its really nice though, as Lucys definitely at the age where she's enjoying it all.

Off to get the food in for xmas tonight as well :lol:

Last couple of Xmas's have been a bit poo, didnt put any decorations up, not even a tree.

This year I am working on Rich to let me decorate his place (a little bit) not too overboard (if thats possible for me) but I dont hold out much hope.

You put them up 12 days before, its supposed to symbolise the amount of time it took the wisemen to get to Bethlehem

They didn't get a TomTom then for crimbo did they?

:D

You put them up 12 days before, its supposed to symbolise the amount of time it took the wisemen to get to Bethlehem

They didn't get a TomTom then for crimbo did they?

:D

No, they got the cheapest model and it broke down on the way..... :lol::lol:

Ours went up at the weekend.

bit late this year, as they're usually up for my bro's b-day (27th November).

Will come down beginning of January...

I've just notice in Hull that some people have blue lights/LED in their lounge windows. oh and the land lady has but some blue and white LEDs on the christmas tree.

None in my house, I won't be here for xmas and never in so no point, folks place is always stunning so can't wait to go home...