Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New!

Jones~32

Well done, although I'd be more impressed if you actually had an Auris.

Are these on sale yet?

Any early reports of what they are like ?

I don't doubt that the overall build quality will be up to Toyota's usual high standard :thumbsup: but, as I've said elsewhere (in the Corolla forum), I really think the very plastic looking dash is very much a backward step and doesn't look a patch on the design of the current Corolla.

Personal opinion of course and many won't agree but it seems to me that the Toyota trend of producing dashboards that look like cheap Winfield toys (Aygo and new Yaris) is going to continue. Although, to be fair, I haven't yet seen one in the flesh I also wonder if the quality of the plastics in the Auris will be going down (as per Aygo where I consider the plastics are especially cheap looking).

Totota had, in my view anyway, really cracked it with the current Corolla which has a suprisingly good quality feel inside and certainly rivals the VW Golf for plastics but I suspect they have thrown that all away now. Shame if that's the case :crybaby: I will be delighted to be proved wrong though when the Auris appears next year:rolleyes:

First poster! :yahoo::lol:

That can always be 'fixed' so dont get too excited laddo.. :lol:

Thanks mate :huh: :D

Can't wait till it comes out; I'm having a t180 and thats without seeing it!

Just think what it would be like chipped to 225bhp diesel just like its avensis counterpart ....mmmm

10th poster! :yahoo: It's getting interesting. :D

I like the 1.6 Dual VVT-i engine. :P

Can't wait till it comes out; I'm having a t180 and thats without seeing it!

Just think what it would be like chipped to 225bhp diesel just like its avensis counterpart ....mmmm

i read somewhere that the t180 dose 0-60 in 6sec, dont know how true this is, but its great if it dose.

T180 0-62 in 8.1 sec. :yes:

Another one here ;)

I really like the look of the Auris, interior and exterior - I've not driven a corolla so I wouldnt know about driving/handing of it..but the Auris does look very tempting..if I had the dosh! :lol:

Wait till its chipped to 225bhp like the t180 avensis. Then we are talking 7 and torque that requires bigger tyres.

I'd be suprised if the auris TS didnt do 0-60 in 6.5.

Hi again

The page here says the following:

"In line with its position as the performance flagship of the range, the Auris D-4D 180 makes exclusive use of a new double wishbone rear suspension and rear anti-roll bar for more dynamic driving character."

I wonder how accurate this info is?

Andy

Hi again

The page here says the following:

"In line with its position as the performance flagship of the range, the Auris D-4D 180 makes exclusive use of a new double wishbone rear suspension and rear anti-roll bar for more dynamic driving character."

I wonder how accurate this info is?

Andy

Unfortunatly its hard to believe becayse it goes on to say the following:

"Preliminary performance data show nought to 62mph acceleration takes 6.2 seconds and combined cycle fuel consumption is 45.6mpg."

0-62 in 6.2 seconds in a diesel and 45.6 combined economy doesnt add up. Taken from the avensis data: "he 2.2 litre 177bhp D-4D direct injection engine of the T180 will take the Avensis past 62 mph in 8.6 sec. and on to 137 mph, yet its fuel economy is rated at just 46.3 mpg combined and its emissions are well within Euro IV limits. "

THerefore the same d-cat engine in a lighter car (auris) would probably produce what they've said which is about 8.1 and around 46mpg.

Unfortunatly its hard to believe becayse it goes on to say the following:

"Preliminary performance data show nought to 62mph acceleration takes 6.2 seconds and combined cycle fuel consumption is 45.6mpg."

Yep, I thought the same but wondered if the 6.2 was a typo for 8.2 which is the figure I've seen quoted in some places. The idea of an independent rear suspension setup on the more powerful models was a nice thought though. Mind you, the beam setup might 'do the job' - we'll have to wait and see.

Andy

Toyota claimed 8.4 for 0-62 in the CTS, but the car does 0-60 in 7.2 leaving you a whole 1.2secs to change gear at 61mph :D

I would take the stock figures with a pinch of salt.

Paul.

Toyota claimed 8.4 for 0-62 in the CTS, but the car does 0-60 in 7.2 leaving you a whole 1.2secs to change gear at 61mph :D

I would take the stock figures with a pinch of salt.

Paul.

Yep reserved driving on official speed tests are done within normally driving conditions e.g. not slamming the gears and over-revving. And it also helps to make the cars more sell-able as the insurance is cheaper.

• 3 weeks later...

OMG!!!!!!111!!! Toyota release yet ANOTHER exciting and breathtaking high performance sports car :o :o :o :yahoo::thumbsup:

OMG!!!!!!111!!! Toyota release yet ANOTHER exciting and breathtaking high performance sports car :o :o :o :yahoo::thumbsup:

Quick everybody, get your hopes up ! :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links