Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Just Had £6k Nicked

kingdeacon

Im so ****** off!

went to the pub at lunch for a beer, got a pint and went to pay by card and asked for £10 cash back, card got turned down which i thought must be a mistake as knew i had the money to buy a !Removed! beer in my account, i mean i thought i had enough for a car in there!

any way, it never worked second time around so they let me off the beer as im in there all the time and i have to pay them next time im in.

phoned the bank while sipping my beer to find out I have had the following taken on my card in the last couple of days

£1753.56

£1796.21

£1476.89

£492.38

£498.69

all are online shops of some kind from what i can work out, but due to the poor english of the people i was talking to at my bank i cant fully work out there names yet

My bank have been really crap with all this to, over a hour on the phone till i got to speak to somebody who could actuly do anything, and all they have done is stop my account saying a new one will come in 8 days time, I ask what is happing with my money and what am i to do for 8 days with out any? answer, it will be passed on to the investigation team who will get back to you in next few days! and for money they say i need to go to the bank to ask for a loan

I just dont know what to do now?

man.. really feel sorry for you mate... i had my card details nicked from an old account last month and they cleaned it out.. but as they went shopping online and used paypal (they set up a paypal account with my card) Paypal refunded me all the money.

Now I dont use any card apart from a credit card and not a debit card.

Ouch :blink:

think a good thing to do at the mom is not panic or think the worst....

sorry that some unscrupulous workshy thievin bastamaturs took your hard earned... hope you get reimbursed post haste ;)

hope i have cooled down a bit by the time i go in the bank tomo morning, I have a problem with getting angry and find it hard to control myself sometimes. ive already broke my glass table in my flat :(

My other half had £700 mysteriously dissapear from one of her cards!! Luckily her bank were decent about it and gave her it back within a week.

It was charged to BT click and buy whatever the hell that is!!

That sucks, especially right before Christmas too.

You need to remember its the BANK that has been defrauded, not you. They let your money go when it wasn't you buying stuff. Unless they can prove you've been negligent then that's the case. Get down to your branch today and talk to them there. Its much harder to fob people off with passing things onto 'investigation teams' in person and you might even find someone that can speak English and tell you what's happened :)

Sounds like it has been swiped and cloned (not from the same pub I hope?!)

Credit card or Debit card?

Debit card is just like carrying cash around, not good! If it was a Credit Card you will be fine.

Most reputable Credit card companies offer on line fraud protection, so you should be fine with this case after they have done some investigating.

Give it a few days so they can sort things out.

Bin the Debit Card and just use cash instead or if you want to use plastic make sure it’s a Credit Card.

Anne (Devil-ish) had her purse stolen in Leeds on Tuesday and she is in the same boat, no cards (including Asda), for eight to ten days, they even took the accounts off the online bank so she can’t even see what her finances are………..Don’t you just love scumbag thieves

Sounds like it has been swiped and cloned (not from the same pub I hope?!)

Credit card or Debit card?

Debit card is just like carrying cash around, not good! If it was a Credit Card you will be fine.

Most reputable Credit card companies offer on line fraud protection, so you should be fine with this case after they have done some investigating.

Give it a few days so they can sort things out.

Bin the Debit Card and just use cash instead or if you want to use plastic make sure it’s a Credit Card.

Your debit card is how you get cash - he cant just bin it or he wont be able to get cash from an ATM

That's terrible, hopefully you'll get your money back quickly & painlessly

Your debit card is how you get cash - he cant just bin it or he wont be able to get cash from an ATM

You can always go into the bank & get cash over the counter, it's easier to use a machine but it's not that difficult if you don't want to use them.

This happend to me about 5 months back I was one the people that got stuffed by the Shell garage scam I had 2k taken out of my account!!

It took about 10 days for them to sort my cash out, my money was taken out from ATM machines so they where able to see that the card that was used did not have a chip so they could easily refund it. (but notice it did not stop them taking the cash!!!!)No idea what happens with online transactions! Hope it all works out for you mate It's a real s*** when then happens!!

This happend to me about 5 months back I was one the people that got stuffed by the Shell garage scam I had 2k taken out of my account!!

It took about 10 days for them to sort my cash out, my money was taken out from ATM machines so they where able to see that the card that was used did not have a chip so they could easily refund it. (but notice it did not stop them taking the cash!!!!)No idea what happens with online transactions! Hope it all works out for you mate It's a real s*** when then happens!!

Andy, had the exact same thing happen to me about 4 years ago but the bank manager was adament that they could not get it out without them having my pin!

Essentially he indirectly blamed me for letting go of my card and pin number even though i was in bed at the time the monies were taken out and also at work with my card on me all the time.

You know i really wanted to throttle him and i have been more than tempted to go back to him a coupl eof years back when it was revealed that this was now possible to clone cards and pics etc.

Sorry to hear about the £6k mate... hope it all works out for you. They wont be able to refund monies on the spot as every other scammer would start up bank accounts and do the same thing, hence the investigation.

Good luck fella.

I'm going to look at mine tonight because I think I have way less in my account , never really check this soft of thing, I just think its me taking more money out of the ATM when I'm on a night out!!

Hope you get it back soon.

That's pants dude. :(

Hope it gets sorted soon. Had two people at my work suffer the same as well. One guy had his card cloned at a petrol station somewhere!

Now I dont use any card apart from a credit card and not a debit card.

Same as - make all my transactions via credit card, and then pay it off from my bank account.

You can always go into the bank & get cash over the counter, it's easier to use a machine but it's not that difficult if you don't want to use them.

Its just a pain though , as you have to play by their opening hours and queues etc etc

been to bank today and im pleased to say they have given me my money back! It turned out they had done lots more transactions than i knew about, but because they had cleaned my account out the rest of them never went out. there was just over £18000 worth of them!

wish i could find out the people that done this, 1 or 2 things i would like to do to them.

still least i got my money back, as this is what i have saved for my wedding next year

Almost the same thing happened to me with someone cloneing my card but my bank quick off the mark and when money tried to be withdrawn their system somehow knew it couldn't be me they blocked the card then called me and asked if it was me and said they had already ordered me a new card and it was in the post. couldn't ask for a better service

That's an excellent result, looks like the money they're saving on the foreigners wages is being well spent

Its just a pain though , as you have to play by their opening hours and queues etc etc

I agree - banks are quite happy to charge us above the odds for going a quid overdrawn but I've never seen a bank yet who'll stay open after 5.30 at night - thats no use to me, especially on a night out - you need an ATM and not all banks have branches everywhere.

I'm really glad you got your money back though mate, just shows that it can happen to anyone and everyone should be as vigilant as possible - theiving scum :ffs:

3 years ago we came back from holiday to find out that CD Wow had empted out our bank and sent cd's & dvd's over to Russia :eek: Took us near 3 months with the help of the Police to get our money back.The Halifax was no help & CD Wow couldn't see what was wrong with the fact that they had sent all that over to Russia. :eek:

That's awful :( glad your bank have been decent about it...hear too much of this stuff happening these days. :ffs:

Bad luck but I'm pleased that all worked out okay.

I had my card refused in Tescos last night. I was a bit embarrassed at the time and angry but cooled down and spoke to my card supplier on the phone. They were doing a security check. Alright, I did tell them they'd picked a fine time to do it but I did appreciate that these checks are done in my interests. :yes:

been to bank today and im pleased to say they have given me my money back! It turned out they had done lots more transactions than i knew about, but because they had cleaned my account out the rest of them never went out. there was just over £18000 worth of them!

That's excellent news! Do you mind me asking whicvh bank you are with? Good to see good service from a bank, and so quick too!

Mike.

mate.. the best thing to do is:

1. Open a savings account that is linked to your current account.

2. Transfer your funds to the savings account and earn some interest too.

3. when you want some money you transfer some of the savings over.

No one can draw money from your savings account as they dont issue debit cards for savings accounts

Its a safe way of protecting your hard earned mate.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links