Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Just Had £6k Nicked

kingdeacon

Anne (Devil-ish) had her purse stolen in Leeds on Tuesday

Ah, good old leeds!

I had my details stolen last year... dodgy cash machine HSBC told me (they were great with it all) but the best thing is how much they got from me... it was 2 days before pay day and I had 11p left in my account (Because I had cash flow probs when I was in 1st year at uni, I sorted that my account CAN'T go overdrawn!) So they got the grand sum of 11p! Haha

OWNED!

mainkick7pefex.gif

HSBC still refunded it though!

been to bank today and im pleased to say they have given me my money back! It turned out they had done lots more transactions than i knew about, but because they had cleaned my account out the rest of them never went out. there was just over £18000 worth of them!

That's excellent news! Do you mind me asking whicvh bank you are with? Good to see good service from a bank, and so quick too!

Mike.

I bank with Abbey, they have been good about it and sorted it fast

mate.. the best thing to do is:

1. Open a savings account that is linked to your current account.

2. Transfer your funds to the savings account and earn some interest too.

3. when you want some money you transfer some of the savings over.

No one can draw money from your savings account as they dont issue debit cards for savings accounts

Its a safe way of protecting your hard earned mate.

thats what the bank said to do, and they set it up while i was there yesterday :thumbsup:

glad you got your cash back :) :thumbsup:

and twanging an elastic band around your wrist so it stings can be effective for anger issues.....

twang it when you first become aware your getting angry :)

glad you got your cash back :) :thumbsup:

and twanging an elastic band around your wrist so it stings can be effective for anger issues.....

twang it when you first become aware your getting angry :)

I dont think that will work with me, see im a layed back guy that bottles it up for ages and ages, little things push it more and more and then some random thing will make me blow, and nicking 6k did :eek: was going !Removed! mad. see now i will be ok for weeks in till the magic point is reached then bang all hell breaks out. for example guy upstairs above my flat was doing DIY all weekend couple of years ago, making loads of noise, but i thought well you got to do it sometime and put up with it. i had all the following week off work so wanted a bit of a layin each day, but at 8am everyday he started banging about, drilling, nocking 2 !Removed! walls down! put up with it all week with no layin. at the next weekend i asked him if he would wait till 10am befor making noise as really wanted some sleep befor going back to work, he said ok. sunday morning at 7:45am he was banging, i jumped out of bed got dressed and then kicked his door down :eek: i lobbed his tools through his window, and went back to bed. next thing i know police have locked me up and im in deep ****. dont think the bands would help that :help:

sunday morning at 7:45am he was banging, i jumped out of bed got dressed and then kicked his door down i lobbed his tools through his window, and went back to bed. next thing i know police have locked me up and im in deep ****. dont think the bands would help that

could you come and live at my house please :D - my neighbour is a right noisy cow - she could do with a good sorting out - just kick her door down - im sure that would scare her into shutting the f*c* up! :ffs:

could you come and live at my house please :D - my neighbour is a right noisy cow - she could do with a good sorting out - just kick her door down - im sure that would scare her into shutting the f*c* up! :ffs:

yeah why not :D

it did do the trick, he keeps the noise down now :thumbsup:

but at the cost of a new door and window which cost me loads

A Friend of the Family has had £550 debited from their account for an online transaction which they have no knowledge of as they didnt do it! They'd also been getting a load of strange emails before this but didnt think anything of it...so they're in the process of sorting it all out now :rolleyes:.

hope they get it back like i did, it seems to be such a large problem! this chip and pin dont seem to have made it any better, you would think there was a way of stoping it some how?

Almost the same thing happened to me with someone cloneing my card but my bank quick off the mark and when money tried to be withdrawn their system somehow knew it couldn't be me they blocked the card then called me and asked if it was me and said they had already ordered me a new card and it was in the post. couldn't ask for a better service

wow, that was good for them to do so!! who do you bank with if you dont mind me asking! all this stuff got me a bit worried now, thieving ba*****s!! :censor:

hope they get it back like i did, it seems to be such a large problem! this chip and pin dont seem to have made it any better, you would think there was a way of stoping it some how?

Chip and pin is pretty hard to crack by itself at the moment... The problem is cards still have legacy magnetic stripes on them and everything falls back to using that if the chip doesn't work. So clone the magstripe (easy) onto a card and don't bother about the chip at all. Its easy to track as transactions using the stripe get flagged, but it still works.

None of the current tech can really help against probably the least sophisticated form of card fraud though. Write someone's card details down and then go on a spending spree online with it ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links