Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

A Drunk Driver Crashed Into My Ts

kularm

Its a sad day for me, the one thing I loved, 52 reg, 11 weeks old in my hands, and some drunk driver crashed into it! Now im 19, and it was my first car, who can complain with a factory sub 9.0 second speed at group 7 insurance. Hell Yeahhhhh! Now im contemplating a second one, if I can i'll try for a phase 2, but I doubt ill have the funds. Does anyone know if there is much difference (apart from obvious) between the 3dr and my old 5 dr? And is getting in much harder? Thanks

post-34338-1165454350_thumb.jpg

Ouch, that looks very nasty, were you in the car when it happened? If so i hope your ok

Sorry to see this, its a real shame when something like this happens, as its completely out of your hands.

Three doors are very easy to get in and out of :thumbsup:, Ive had a few larger passengers travel in the back in the past, who have managed to get in and out fine.

Have people in and out of mine all the time, 3 dr's look alot better!!! and all it takes is the pull of a lever and your out!

Sorry about the crash mate looks nasty, was your car parked on the side of road or were you in it? hope your ok!

Adam

sorry to hear about this, hope it gets sorted as soon as

from you first post, it seems you have a 5dr t sport 52 plate, but 5dr was available until 53 plate, wot did you have?

drink drivers should be taken aside and shot in the back of the head.

hope your ok and they were insured.

drink drivers should be taken aside and shot in the back of the head.

hope your ok and they were insured.

We'd of course make them cough up the money they owe for repairs or a new car before we do shoot them in the back of the head!

Absolutely sickening behavoir, could of just as easily been a person..........

Sorry to hear about your old car.

Phase 1 three doors suffer from a lack of seat memory. When you let someone in the back the seat does not return to it's exact original position and so is, er, a little bit annoying. I'm not sure how fully this was resolved in Phase 2.

Welcome to the club :thumbsup:

Sorry to hear about your old car.

Phase 1 three doors suffer from a lack of seat memory. When you let someone in the back the seat does not return to it's exact original position and so is, er, a little bit annoying. I'm not sure how fully this was resolved in Phase 2.

Welcome to the club :thumbsup:

The passenger front seat does have memory, I have a 3 door and it's fine. I do carry the odd few rear seat passengers who are of the over-50 age variety & they moan about it - but I shut them up with a "well the other option is to walk" comment :lol:.The doors on the 3 door are longer to compensate for people getting into the back..but its not like they are massive or anything.

The passenger front seat does have memory, I have a 3 door and it's fine. I do carry the odd few rear seat passengers who are of the over-50 age variety & they moan about it - but I shut them up with a "well the other option is to walk" comment :lol:.The doors on the 3 door are longer to compensate for people getting into the back..but its not like they are massive or anything.

Well, I'm 52 and managed to get my ageing bones into the back on my old 3 door Yaris to clean it. :lol:

Mind, you, that was nearly two years ago now. ;)

I prefer my five doors as I load the car up for trips to my caravan and it makes it a little easier but I'd not be put off by the three door at all. They are bigger though as Blue said so a little more care in car parks.

Sorry to hear of your bad luck. As long as you're ok though. That's the most important thing.

the passenger front seat has memory :o mine doesnt......

no-ones does , unless your usual seating position is face against the dash board :D

the passenger front seat has memory :o mine doesnt......

no-ones does , unless your usual seating position is face against the dash board :D

Mine doesnt go back to where it was either, well annoying! it stays bolt upright!!

blue84, uve caused a whole confusion...haha

robie was talking about a phase 1 yaris, u you have phase 2 which does have the memory. so to clarify, phase 1 front seats do not have a memory, and phase 2 does (dont know if its just the drivers tho)

blue84, uve caused a whole confusion...haha

robie was talking about a phase 1 yaris, u you have phase 2 which does have the memory. so to clarify, phase 1 front seats do not have a memory, and phase 2 does (dont know if its just the drivers tho)

Haha causing other people confusion is the story of my life :lol: I did mean the P2 has memory just forgot to put that bit in :P

Thanks for your comments guys, I was in the car at the time, doing about 20mph, and he hit me head on doing around 40-50 as the police said. Im fine, whiplash, thankfully no other injuries except bruises on my legs. He's paying up, well I should say his insurance company is, but seeing as its a given that he'll loose in court, they are ignoring his zero fault claims. As it stands I still might get a 5dr, but I'm a bit worried to find that the nearest 5dr on autotrader is £1500 more than what I paid :s On another note, my baby is being crushed tommo :( and I have to trek to Manchester to get my stuff out. I know this is a weird request, but can someone post a picture of their 3dr car with either seat down, just so I can get a personal perspective on space.

Cheers :)

Mike

, my baby is being crushed tommo :( and I have to trek to Manchester to get my stuff out.

did you not get the chance to buy it of the insurance company so you could strip it first?

OUCH! that absolutly sucks man. can't believe someone could be so stupid... and to hit such a lovely car.

The three door is exactly the same size as the 5 door, just the front doors are much bigger which is alot better when your sitting in the front if your a tall driver like me. phase 1 seats not having memory can be anoying but i've just got used to it know and now can just push the seat back to abour the same position from the driving seat ever time someone gets in or out.

Only thing to watch out for is that on phase 1 cars there is no release on the drivers seat so if you want to let someone in through the drivers door you have to push the seat forward then put the seat forward seperatly. just an excuse to make them get in the passenger side in my opinion :P.

Good luck with the search for a new TS.

I know this is a weird request, but can someone post a picture of their 3dr car with either seat down, just so I can get a personal perspective on space.

Not very clear, but I hope it'll give you a rough idea. It's actually the 1st time I've been in the back of the car since I bought it in September (decided I should clean the inside, seeing as the weather is too miserable to do the outside), and it's surprisingly roomy in the back. Better than the 5 door Micra I used to have. I could also step out of the car facing forwards, something which I don't think I've ever been able to do in any 3 door hatch I've been in the back of before. :blush:

DSC00091.jpg

Thanks guys, I think I'm going to have to buy a 3 dr. The insurance company inspected my car, and after 2 months of ownership and 4000 miles its been valued at £3800, I've lost over a grand :(

If that was the first offer from them, tell them you're not happy with it and you refuse to accept it.

They'll come back with a slighty better offer.

If that was the first offer from them, tell them you're not happy with it and you refuse to accept it.

They'll come back with a slighty better offer.

I second this. My dad got more than he paid for a virtualy identical replacement by doing this. Check www.parkers.co.uk for a quote on your car and back it up by quotes from what similar cars are going for on Auto Trader.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links