Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tick Over Problem

calgon

hey every one merry christmas, today i was just pumpin g my brake pedal when i noticed it was effecting the tick over? does any one else have this problem, or is it normal?

Quote " today i was just pumpin g my brake pedal when i noticed it was effecting the tick over? does any one else have this problem, or is it normal?

Brake pedal, tick over??? :eek:

when I'm slowing down my revs go up. Change down into 3rd for corners and roundabouts. 4,000rpm.

Car slows, then back onto the throttle.

Where does this tick over bit come in?

i was stopped in my garage at the time with the engine running at tickover, i started to pump the brake pedal and i started to hear the tickover go crazy like it was about to splutter and die.

As usual, it takes someone with a brain cell to answer the question...

What are brakes on a Yaris? A Hydraulic system.

Where does a hydraulic system get it's power? The engine.

Am I going too fast?

When the engine is sat idle, it's using as little fuel and therefore power, as possible. When you start pumping the brakes, or turning the steering wheel (on Ph1 models that is... Ph2 and Mk2 have crappy electric steering) or you turn the A/C on, or anything else connected to the auxilliary drive belt, it uses some of that tiny bit of power, and therefore the revs drop and guess what? That's it, you're with me now, when you lift off, or stop turning, or turn the A/C off, the revs rise again. Gee, it's tough going this.

Quote " today Quote " today i was just pumping my brake pedal when i noticed it was effecting the tick over? does any one else have this problem, or is it normal?

Eeerrrr forgive me for being a little slow, But....

When he says " i was just pumping my brake pedal "

Is not the SERVO unit operated by vacuum.

The vacuum pick up pipe is on the Inlet side of the manifold.

So Pumping the brakes will rob the manifold of air, causing the Engine to Hunt.

This causes the revs to go up and down....

Switch off the Engine and Pump the pedal several times and you run out of Vacuum...pedal goes hard.

Keep your foot on the brake pedal, start engine and the pedal will fall a little. This is NORMAL.

R

Am I going too fast?

When the engine is sat idle, it's using as little fuel and therefore power, as possible. When you start pumping the brakes, or turning the steering wheel (on Ph1 models that is... Ph2 and Mk2 have crappy electric steering) or you turn the A/C on, or anything else connected to the auxilliary drive belt, it uses some of that tiny bit of power, and therefore the revs drop and guess what? That's it, you're with me now, when you lift off, or stop turning, or turn the A/C off, the revs rise again. Gee, it's tough going this.

Calgon, looks like someone either woke up on the wrong side of bed this morning or has no manners whatsoever, sorry fella!

Am I going too fast?

Calgon, looks like someone either woke up on the wrong side of bed this morning or has no manners whatsoever, sorry fella!

yer tell me about it i was only looking for a simple solution not a %$(ing all out killing spree **** people just coz i had a rant about you all following the upgrade to the 1.5 trend. so far from this forum im getting all negative vibes if this is how you treat all your new members who are wandering about small things it wudent surprise me if they all went away, at my car entusiast club we welcome and encourage people to ask for help and join in as you would a whole big family.

Am I going too fast?

yer tell me about it i was only looking for a simple solution not a %$(ing all out killing spree **** people just coz i had a rant about you all following the upgrade to the 1.5 trend. so far from this forum im getting all negative vibes if this is how you treat all your new members who are wandering about small things it wudent surprise me if they all went away, at my car entusiast club we welcome and encourage people to ask for help and join in as you would a whole big family.

Sorry that you feel that way..................I feel that you may just not be used to Seveer's sense of humour and irony....................stick with us, you will get used to him :group-cuddles:

He is just a simple Yorkshire Giant ;) :lol: with a heart of gold :thumbsup:

Is not the SERVO unit operated by vacuum.

The vacuum pick up pipe is on the Inlet side of the manifold.

So Pumping the brakes will rob the manifold of air, causing the Engine to Hunt.

This causes the revs to go up and down....

Switch off the Engine and Pump the pedal several times and you run out of Vacuum...pedal goes hard.

Keep your foot on the brake pedal, start engine and the pedal will fall a little. This is NORMAL.

R

Well thats what I thought and COULD be the prob..not deffo but COULD...only trying to help

Or... Iv got a sense of humour. FFS there's some ninny's in this world. I gave you spot on advice, where can the complaint be? And I didn't have a clue about this '1.5 trend' malarkey, so it's not related to that either. Some people need to learn some key skills if they're to survive in this world... Number one; get a life.

This club does encourage new members, that's the damned problem... just like our beloved government... protect the new, out with the established. Pander to the needs of the few... etc etc. What's wrong with sound advice? What's wrong with sarcasm? Nothing. Get a life folks, it's the only one you've got to survive with.

And Ryan... Don't patronise me. It's quite rude.