Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Wii Wii Wii

DaveSR

First impressions - as I done the foolish thing of connecting it to the internet and now it's downloading some HUGE update :(

The controllers are AMAZING however they feel very cheap. Gameplay is cool and I can't wait for some future titles -

Zelda (waiting for the update to finish lol).

I have had a quick blast with the sports games and they are all pretty cool ...... the graphics however are a little pooh as I didn't buy the HD cable for it (well compaired to my 360 - but it was going to be wasn't it).

One thing I would say is that you need alot of room as you tend to jump around alot swinging about lol

It's all very white and DS-ish ....... anyway back to check on that download ;) !

My son got his at midnight too.. but so far i haven't even seen the thing yet. I will probably get a wii go on it tonight.

COOL!

Can I come round and have a go Dave? ;)

I'm getting mine in the New Year - March time-ish because I want to buy it with Mario Galaxy :thumbsup:

I want a Wii, I want a Wii..... :D

Does it glow blue like in the ads?

Aaargh mine's still on the truck on its way :ffs: :lol:

There were some problems with Wiis in the US which mean that the downloaded update caused it to lock up and become unusable!

I think this was only a small number of machines, but it means a three-week wait while you send it back to Nintendo. Think I might just wait and see if there are any problems in the UK before hooking mine up :o

Paul.

We should be getting our Wii hopefully before xmas but more likely in jan some time.....

But in the mean time, hoping to steal a ps3 from work for the weekend soon :lol:

Pre ordered mine from A**OS on 23rd November for delivery today

Just phoned them up to be told that they have problems with their supplier and will be contacting me before 15th Dec with delivery date.

:ffs: What was the :censor: point in pre ordering if the :censor: idiots cannot deliver as originally arranged.

What really annoys me is that they never even bothered to notify me that there was going to be a delay :ffs:

It really has not been my week this week (I got a ticket for speeding yesterday :blush: )

Mine has just been delivered. I think we can rule out doing any more work today :lol:

Anybody made their Mii yet? Post pics!

Paul.

The only games console you can lose weight playing on.

You're forgetting the EyeToy on PS2! Legendary drunken partying to be had with that!

So... people who queued up all night for a Wii have now spent more than a penny! :lol:

I saw wii sports on tv the other day, and tbh I just wasn't impressed!!

Hopefully the gameplay and fun of using the controller will distract you from that?

I can confirm that it does Jim.. just got beaten at 10 pin bowling by my youngest sone :lol:

The controller is a very good piece of kit.. overall, the console seems to be well worth its money :thumbsup:

Pre ordered mine from A**OS on 23rd November for delivery today

Just phoned them up to be told that they have problems with their supplier and will be contacting me before 15th Dec with delivery date.

:ffs: What was the :censor: point in pre ordering if the :censor: idiots cannot deliver as originally arranged.

What really annoys me is that they never even bothered to notify me that there was going to be a delay :ffs:

It really has not been my week this week (I got a ticket for speeding yesterday :blush: )

Thats Argos for you Steve, they're useless! You should have gone to Amazon!

I got an email from Amazon today saying "We have extra stock in if you want to order".... dont tempt me Amazon, because I could if I wanted to, I have the money sitting in my account right now.... :lol:

Sadly its for my car service! :lol:

And tut tut Steve.... I told you to stop racing around in your new Yaris.... ;)

I have only just found this out, but it could be of use to those THINKING of buying one.. it is also a Gamecube... it is fully compatable with all Gamecube games... Gamecube Controlers plug in, Gamecube Memory cards plug in.. it also has a SD slot... and the built in virtual Console allows you to play NES,SNES,N64 Mega Drive and Turbo Graphic games... these ROMS can be downloaded onto the Wii's built in hard drive.

So this little cracker of a console is more than meets the eye.. fantastic value for money :thumbsup:

oh dont get me started on the WII. i have had one hell of a day today cos of the pre orders. we havent got them in and we dont know if we will as there is a delay on them from nintendo to my company. wish i have never took the orders. i had one woman chewin my ear for 15 min saying 'WE HAVE TO GET HOLD OF ONE'. im like 'well if i want me to produce one from my **** in the next 5 min u can have it, other than that U can have a refund of ur deposit OR WAIT'

I have only just found this out, but it could be of use to those THINKING of buying one.. it is also a Gamecube... it is fully compatable with all Gamecube games... Gamecube Controlers plug in, Gamecube Memory cards plug in.. it also has a SD slot... and the built in virtual Console allows you to play NES,SNES,N64 Mega Drive and Turbo Graphic games... these ROMS can be downloaded onto the Wii's built in hard drive.

So this little cracker of a console is more than meets the eye.. fantastic value for money :thumbsup:

A total Christmas cracker you might say.... :thumbsup:

I loved my SNES as a kid, I can't wait to play those! I dont care about XBox360 or PS3.... the Wii has got to be the most brilliant and innovative console on the market...

I can't wait to get one even more now.... that service money is calling me.... :lol::lol:

Just contacted AR**S again this morning tobe told that they do not have any stock and my order is one of 2,500 that Nintendo have not supplied them.

I have today cancelled the order

My questions are:

1)Why did they tell me yesterday when I rang them for the second time that it was"With the courier"?

2)Why are they going to take about 10 days to refund the money to my bank? (The money{FULL PRICE} that they took out on 23 November when I ordered)

:censor: bunch of amateurs :ffs:

I had a bit more Christmas shopping to do this weekend.....................Guess where it is NOT coming from :censor: AR :censor: GOS

Just contacted AR**S again this morning tobe told that they do not have any stock and my order is one of 2,500 that Nintendo have not supplied them.

I have today cancelled the order

My questions are:

1)Why did they tell me yesterday when I rang them for the second time that it was"With the courier"?

2)Why are they going to take about 10 days to refund the money to my bank? (The money{FULL PRICE} that they took out on 23 November when I ordered)

I had a bit more Christmas shopping to do this weekend.....................Guess where it is NOT coming from :censor: AR :censor: GOS

10 days?? Thats a load of **** Steve - I had a problem with Argos last Christmas and they refunded me immediately - get back on the phone and dont take any crud from them! How can they expect people to wait 10 days for a refund at Christmas??? :ffs:

All I can suggest is try Amazon, but they will probably be out of stock again by now.... if I get another stock email from them before Xmas, I'll be sure to let you know! :thumbsup:

People like that don't deserve to stay in business. Have you thought about contacting Trading Standards and making a complaint? Might get your money back a bit quicker and make them think twice about stitching someone else up next time.

Paul.

I have sent an e-mail (and copied it to TS) requesting an immediate refund.

Problem is their T&C's are so well written that I may just have to wait :ffs:

Thanks for the link Paul

Apparently there's another delivery on Friday ..... well all around here anyway :thumbsup:

The sports game is a bit boring now and I think it's just a 'get used to the controllers' game, any way been playing Zelda for a bit and it's pretty good although LoNg so far ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links