Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

It Looks Like A Corrolla...

Everpain

I don't see what all the fuss is about. It's in the same size range as a Corrolla, so what does this car achieve that the Corrolla does not?

I don't see what all the fuss is about. It's in the same size range as a Corrolla, so what does this car achieve that the Corrolla does not?

Its just a corolla thats moved with the times.

Slightly improved more modern shape and interior design

Improved chassis

improved cleaner more economical engines

So i agree not worlds apart. It looks like a safe design in a car which will probably tick all the boxes and score quite highly in everything simply to keep the fire burning in the toyota camp for the best selling car worldwide. If you were toyota you'd just improve on an already good thing to keep up with the times. You wouldn't risk anything controversial :) You have to remember theres tonnes of corolla owners getting to the point now where they need to trade in and buy new. If the auris was worlds apart they'd probably loose their massive customer base.

I do hope that they offer some nice body styling options to make it look more sporty and they have to release as TS to rival the awesome type-r. They should have realised by now the people who buy the corolla t3 variety want something reliable and sensible so they cant sell the TS to the same audience. Therefore the TS should be more focused on performance and hot hatch style to grab a good chunk of the hot hatch lovers.

I heard it is only being called the Auris in Europe. Everywhere else it is being sold as the Corolla.

Branding department out of control :lol:

Paul.

If it's a revamped Corrolla, why market it as a different car? Why also continue to sell the existing Corrolla?

Surely the value of the Corrolla name is worth more than any benefit from a new product launch?

If it's a revamped Corrolla, why market it as a different car? Why also continue to sell the existing Corrolla?

Surely the value of the Corrolla name is worth more than any benefit from a new product launch?

Marathon - Snickers; Some groups of people are attracted to change like a magnet. Some fall on their ****.

Corolla continues but only as a saloon or estate (and not in UK at all), all hatchbacks - everywhere - are Auris.

Corolla continues but only as a saloon or estate (and not in UK at all), all hatchbacks - everywhere - are Auris.

So my girlfriend, who recently bought a new Corrolla, is going to have her resale value screwed to the floor because of a rebranding exercise? Nice one Toyota.

The point is you can't have a discount at one end of the ownership experience without expecting to pay for it at the other - same for any car or brand.

In general Toyota do not offer big discounts on new cars to protect the used values, but Corolla has been on run-out for some time so anyone buying recently should have got a good deal.

The point is you can't have a discount at one end of the ownership experience without expecting to pay for it at the other - same for any car or brand.

In general Toyota do not offer big discounts on new cars to protect the used values, but Corolla has been on run-out for some time so anyone buying recently should have got a good deal.

This is very true... Recently enquired about a new corolla for a family friend at my local garage. You could pick up a brand new colour collection model for dirt cheap. It was cheaper than buying an ex-dem.

What utter tosh. The discount you get when buying is there because you negotiated it, and the 'other end' being the knowledge that the second hand car market exists for your asset. The point being that you don't sink the full value you paid for the vehicle, because you can recoup a significant portion on resale. The Toyota rebranding exercise devalues that sale-on value for existing Corrolla owners, many of whom might have been counting on the ability to sell their vehicles in a few year's time for a decent value. Chances are that expectation ma no longer bear fruit.

Besides which, while the lady friend didn't pay list price, the discount she did receive, given that the car was ex-demo, was nothing to write home about, and certainly will not cover the drop in resale value likely to occur as a result of the Auris needlessly replacing a working formula.

Of course, from Toyota's point of view, the publicity is in aid of boosting new car sales in 2007 so that they can overtake GM as the world's leading manufacturer in terms of unit sales, so I can see why their doing it in terms of generating yen, I just don't see where customer loyalty (the business 'absolute must have' of the 21st century) fits into it.

What utter tosh. The discount you get when buying is there because you negotiated it, and the 'other end' being the knowledge that the second hand car market exists for your asset. The point being that you don't sink the full value you paid for the vehicle, because you can recoup a significant portion on resale. The Toyota rebranding exercise devalues that sale-on value for existing Corrolla owners, many of whom might have been counting on the ability to sell their vehicles in a few year's time for a decent value. Chances are that expectation ma no longer bear fruit.

Besides which, while the lady friend didn't pay list price, the discount she did receive, given that the car was ex-demo, was nothing to write home about, and certainly will not cover the drop in resale value likely to occur as a result of the Auris needlessly replacing a working formula.

Of course, from Toyota's point of view, the publicity is in aid of boosting new car sales in 2007 so that they can overtake GM as the world's leading manufacturer in terms of unit sales, so I can see why their doing it in terms of generating yen, I just don't see where customer loyalty (the business 'absolute must have' of the 21st century) fits into it.

Its the same where ever you go. Its the nature of the beast, if we followed your rules we would all be driving round in ford cortinas.

Or maybe we should start a petition to make toyota sell cars at trade or loss just to satisfy the transition.

Although not the official words of Toyota another reason for the change (so I have been told by a couple of reps I know) the image of the Corolla represents a certain corner of the market for the unexciting drivers. Kinda like an old man's car although I would disagree with the "old man's car" theory on the rola (personally I think BMW and Mercs are old peoples cars as they sit in middle lanes on the motorways and too senile to find the indicator). People buy a rola as its the worlds best selling car and its !Removed! reliable. They wanted to bring forward a new car based on the corolla but with a new Badge to keep up with the Civics bold styling (too bold if you ask me). New Badge name, new image (hopefully), new attraction of different customers but all in all its a rola under the Auris Badge!

I wouldn't have thought the Rola market will drop that much when the Auris is launched as Rolas have always held their price fairly well in the used car market due to their image of reliability and spec.

I thought Toyota have sped past GM with unit sales now?

post-34934-1167654901_thumb.jpg

Its the same where ever you go. Its the nature of the beast, if we followed your rules we would all be driving round in ford cortinas.

Or maybe we should start a petition to make toyota sell cars at trade or loss just to satisfy the transition.

Was about to say exactly the same but was not going to use the Cortina as the example car.. :lol:

If you buy a new car then you HAVE to expect depreciation at a high rate. I will never buy a new car unless im planning on keeping it for quite a few years! I cant see the logic of getting something brand new and as soon as you drive off from the showroom see a very large sum of money go down the drain.

Also you cant expect a company to stop bringing out new models just so that the last batch of customers dont loose out in depreciation. :blink:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links