Do Not Sell My Personal Information

17's / 16's Alloys

kularm

I know this has been covered sort of, but is driving control really decreased if I were to buy larger alloys. Out of the 16's / 17's which size would you recommend, and would much work need to be done to the car with 17's. Finally with either size, what spec\dimensions do I need to get? Thanks

Mike

Its one of those either or arguments, each will have their own opinions. I say 16s, but not purely on performance, a lot of 17s look really out of place as they are too large in my opinion for the car. 17s will fit the yaris, however you may find issues if you lower the car. As with all size make sure the wheels have a pcd of 100 and an offset of min 35 and max 45

I have a set of 17s as well for sale, Pm if you would like some info on them

Pah! Slam it on 14s - that's what mine is right now! :lol:

Nah - 15s or 16s imho. Any bigger can look silly if you choose the wrong wheel for your car. cfc1 has 17s (I think) but his car is so crazily extreme in other ways that it looks great.

:thumbsup:

A

15 x 7 or 16 x 7 Japanese styled wheels are the way to go. 5zigen, Buddy Club, A-Tech and Rota all offer nice wheels in those sizes.

Kevin

Just remember if you go for bigger alloys you will have to go for a much lower profile tyre!!

If you went to 17's then you would need to take an intch off the tyre profile to have the same radius.... BUT!!!! there is something most people forget!

the tyre deforms about 10mm on the higher profile tyres like 55's so you'll need to take another 5-10 mm off the tyre profile aswell as the 25mm (1inch) to accomodate the bigger alloys with out the car sitting much higher!

i've seen too many people put bigger alloys on a car and forget to take the tyre deformation into account. it makes the car look like its riding on stilts!!

stick to 15's in my opinion, toyota developed the car to handle on that size, but i would suggest going wider!

Small cars with massive wheels look woeful imo, 16" would be the absolute maximum I'd look at if I were you