Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Driving Ban?

kingdeacon

my mate got clocked at 107mph on the M1 by a speed trap on a bridge. this was about 3 or 4 months ago now, he said it was him and then left the country to go to thailand for 6 months plus on some bussiness. I told him to sort it out and get his ban before going so when he came back he might be able to drive again, but being a ****** he just left it saying he will get away with it as they cant ban him if he not in the country anymore, is this true? i thought they would do it anyway, or will they wait till he is back and make it a longer ban for messing about? what does anyone else think will happen? i cant belive they would have it that easy to get away with just by leaving the country for few months (up to a year)?

If you haven't contacted the court you can get a more severe punishment for not turning up in court as they view it as being disrespectful...

Well thats what i thought, he still thinks he is going to get away with it and not get banned. oh well his problem i guess. so they dont forget about these things over time then?

Makes no difference as you dont need to be there in court.

You have to be there in person to be banned... they can only offer fixed penalty via post

If your mate has sent back info saying it was him (the NIP)....

They will send out the papers to your mates house... requesting his appearance in court, along with means testing info forms (income/outgoings) (This happens within 6months from date of offence)

As he isnt there he prolly wont get it.. but you dont have to send anything back at that point, you just turn up with your means tested form info (unless you decided to send it off cause you can if you want)...

Because he then doesnt turn up... they may well not be happy... but cant honestly say what will happen... piddling off magistrates isnt a good thing I dont think

I think it depends on the system too... once its gone to courts... prolly harder to evade... usually if the camera partnership or police forget it.. you are luckier

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links