Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Network Admin's....

Jamesb4uk

I know there are a few techies here so i thought i'd pitch this one out there.....

I'm trying to find a network audit software that will pull out the license codes in the report...

I'm trialing E-Z Audit but it doesn't give the license details :(

Belarc is another one but i want to do this on a 100+ system domain & desk visits would be to time consuming...

Ta.

J

No chap, sorry. However bare in mind that nearly everything is script-able. If Belarc is a desk visit, then look to automate it and put it in a login script / group policy? Don't know if its possible as I've never heard of it but worth thinking about :thumbsup:

Don't know anything that will list license codes themselves.

We use Visual Audit Pro at our place. It can look up who has got what software though, and give a detailed report on each machine, or just a basic summary.

You can create your own reports, if you're after only certain software - I.e. Who's got Office pro 2003, etc

Currently sat on our Primary Domain controller, and overlooks the network.

Remote users can have the file e-mailed to them, which upon opening, does the audit by itself, and even sends a reply with the info automatically (Well, thanks to Outlook 2003 you have to tick the box that comes up saying "Another programme is trying to send information on your behalf, do you wish it to continue..."

Pretty good stuff if that's what you're after...

I am not sure you can actually pull out the license codes for MS products that easily. There is software available for free that will give you the codes used to install software but it has to be run on the machine and I doubt you could script it's output. As for other software it's doubtfull unless they are stored in plaint text in the registry.

As for software auditing the easiest and cheapest way to do this is to write a login script in VBS that will pull all the uninstall strings from the regisrty and write it back to a sql server. You can then report on this. This is what we used for both software and hardware before we moved to LANDesk. I can give post the relevent parts if you or anyone is interested.