Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2000 Corolla Won't Start

byblion

Hi all

My first post, as I just bought a 2000 Corolla 1.6 a couple of weeks ago, and very pleased with it I was as well....until yesterday morning when it refused to start. When I turn the key, it makes a very fast clicking noise like a machine gun, and no response from the engine. Tried it with three keys and it's the same for all, and the Battery seems fine.

Any of you clever people got any ideas?

is the immobaliser light going out on the dash after you put the key in the ignition? usually takes a second or two.

Hi all

My first post, as I just bought a 2000 Corolla 1.6 a couple of weeks ago, and very pleased with it I was as well....until yesterday morning when it refused to start. When I turn the key, it makes a very fast clicking noise like a machine gun, and no response from the engine. Tried it with three keys and it's the same for all, and the battery seems fine.

Any of you clever people got any ideas?

usually something that u r describing is lack of power to starter .first get a mate with jump leads and his car see if its any different also check terminals are tight on Battery and starter.if it still exactly the same it is the starter.you should be able to bump start car if its just the starter :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links