Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla Sr Vvti Problems

broxibear

hi

I seem to be having a few problems with my new sr :(

The revving when starting can go up to 2000 revs and can still be over 1000 after 10 - 15 mins, the garage tells me this is normal?

I notice that when changing gear the lights are dimming?

Also finding reverse gear a bit off a problem to get sometimes?

All in all i can honestly say that my first Toyota experience has not been a very good one :angry:

It is booked into garage in next couple of weeks so see what they say.

hi

I seem to be having a few problems with my new sr :(

The revving when starting can go up to 2000 revs and can still be over 1000 after 10 - 15 mins, the garage tells me this is normal?

All in all i can honestly say that my first Toyota experience has not been a very good one :angry:

It is booked into garage in next couple of weeks so see what they say.

I've had my SR for just over 3 months now. Done best part of 6k, and been very happy with it so far. Got a few minor problems I hope to get sorted out at the first service (an occasional rattle coming from somewhere front left, maybe the curtain airbag cover), and a slight resistance on the clutch from time to time, but nothing major.

I was also surprised on the high revs when I first bought the car compared to my 2002 Corolla T3, but mine settle quickly to around 1,200 before dropping to 800-900 within a couple of minutes. Regarding the lights dimming, I've not noticed that on changing gear. It only occurs when all 4 window up buttons are pressed at once (same as on my previous Corolla and my parents Avensis too - and mates Suburu at work)!

Hope you get your problems sorted quickly

Mine curently hovers around 1,100 now that it's cold and after a while it drops to around 800-900. Not looked when I start it up, but I will check later .......

Not really paid much attension to the lights dimming when changing gear

The gears - I have owned a yaris previously and from other peoples comments the Toyota gear box seems to be very notchy ....... it tends to get better once it has warmed up

Hi I had a 1.6 SR and also found the engine to rev a bit high when cold, although TSport also does this so would think it is OK just engine going on choke untill its warmed.

Cant say I had the lights dimming or certainly not noticable

I never had a problem with gearbox either so Mr T might be able to sort this. I thought the toyota boxs were very good, certainly one of best ones Ive had in cars owned.

Sorry cant be anymore helpful just thought Id share SR experiences

just have to wait and see what the garage says, its going in between christmas and new year. I will post back the outcome, i forgot to mention that when i put on full lock i am getting a pretty loud rubbing/grinding noise as well :( but it does not seem to happen everytime, lets hope it does it when its in the garage.

Mine curently hovers around 1,100 now that it's cold and after a while it drops to around 800-900. Not looked when I start it up, but I will check later .......

Not really paid much attension to the lights dimming when changing gear

The gears - I have owned a yaris previously and from other peoples comments the Toyota gear box seems to be very notchy ....... it tends to get better once it has warmed up

my car revs up to 1,100 when cold to

• 1 year later...

Yes my 1.4 vvti 01 corolla revs about the same only after a good while driving does the revs go down.

As for the lights dimming when changing gear, exact same with me, I dont thinks its anything to worry about tho... :D

I find the vvti engine to be quite a tempermental but still brilliant engine...

Would anyone else agree???

I only get dimming lights when my bassline is pounding away at the car :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links