Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help With Imported Rear Light Problems!

chani

hi everyone, im new here but u all clearly know ur stuff about corollas. ive just imported sum rear black lexus lights from czech republic for my toyota corolla colour collection 2006 (e12). they fit perfectly but im having a few problems: -

firstly, the left rear fog light is out, ive swapped bulbs but it still doesnt work, the filament is still in tact so it must be some part of the wiring? it must be after the clip in connection at the rear lights?

secondly, when i signal right and press the footbrake to slow down the indicator goes really fast then wen i release the footbrake it slows down to normal???

lastly, when i press the footbrake the indicator bulb on the right seems to be zapped of power and the brightness is less than usual?

any help would be great thanks, iv used the factory bulbs from the standard lights and put them into the sockets of the new rear lights. cheers!

hi everyone, im new here but u all clearly know ur stuff about corollas. ive just imported sum rear black lexus lights from czech republic for my toyota corolla colour collection 2006 (e12). they fit perfectly but im having a few problems: -

firstly, the left rear fog light is out, ive swapped bulbs but it still doesnt work, the filament is still in tact so it must be some part of the wiring? it must be after the clip in connection at the rear lights?

secondly, when i signal right and press the footbrake to slow down the indicator goes really fast then wen i release the footbrake it slows down to normal???

lastly, when i press the footbrake the indicator bulb on the right seems to be zapped of power and the brightness is less than usual?

any help would be great thanks, iv used the factory bulbs from the standard lights and put them into the sockets of the new rear lights. cheers!

on the left fog light are you sure its actually wired for the left fog to work most only have the right side working as that is all thats required for this country ?regarding the indicator and stop light make sure you have the correct bulb in the stop socket as in single filament and double filament wrong bulb can create all sorts of other probs :thumbsup: if not try checking the contacts to the lamp make sure not damaged . :thumbsup:

on the left fog light are you sure its actually wired for the left fog to work most only have the right side working as that is all thats required for this country ?regarding the indicator and stop light make sure you have the correct bulb in the stop socket as in single filament and double filament wrong bulb can create all sorts of other probs :thumbsup: if not try checking the contacts to the lamp make sure not damaged . :thumbsup:

ok cheers m8, all the bulbs must be in the correct slots because the bulbs only fit in certain slots and they all go together. because the stop light in my lights hav two filaments, while the fog light only has a single one. i tried changing the bulbs around like u said but the bulbs dont fit into the different slots. i think on my car both rear fog lights should work because when i press the break the rear fog light flashes like its telling me theres something wrong?

ok cheers m8, all the bulbs must be in the correct slots because the bulbs only fit in certain slots and they all go together. because the stop light in my lights hav two filaments, while the fog light only has a single one. i tried changing the bulbs around like u said but the bulbs dont fit into the different slots. i think on my car both rear fog lights should work because when i press the break the rear fog light flashes like its telling me theres something wrong?

actually u know what, i think u wer right about only the right rear fog should work because i just looked at the factory rear lights and there is no bulb or socket for the left rear fog light, ur a genious! haha thanks uve saved me a lot of time and head scratching. ill try taking the bulbs out and c if it helps!

actually u know what, i think u wer right about only the right rear fog should work because i just looked at the factory rear lights and there is no bulb or socket for the left rear fog light, ur a genious! haha thanks uve saved me a lot of time and head scratching. ill try taking the bulbs out and c if it helps!

glad i could help :thumbsup:try taking the brake light bulb out and then check light work ok if they do try another brake light bulb if that doesn,t cure it then theres a connection or earth problem

glad i could help :thumbsup:try taking the brake light bulb out and then check light work ok if they do try another brake light bulb if that doesn,t cure it then theres a connection or earth problem

thanks for ur help so far, much appreciated! but thers still a problem, when i press the brake, the fog light still comes on. the rear fog light works as well?!?! it only flashes when i step on the break? currently there is a single filament in the rear fog light and the double in the stop light, these are the only bulbs that fit in the sockets.. Also the problem still occurs when i press the brake and im signaling right the speed goes really fast while i hold the brake. the problem is definately on the right side of the rear lights! help! thanks a lot for ur help though!

thanks for ur help so far, much appreciated! but thers still a problem, when i press the brake, the fog light still comes on. the rear fog light works as well?!?! it only flashes when i step on the break? currently there is a single filament in the rear fog light and the double in the stop light, these are the only bulbs that fit in the sockets.. Also the problem still occurs when i press the brake and im signaling right the speed goes really fast while i hold the brake. the problem is definately on the right side of the rear lights! help! thanks a lot for ur help though!

can you check that the new lamp is wired the same as the original, sounds like an earth problem .see if you follow the circuit for the stop light on the lamp i would also consider putting a new stop and tail bulb in just to be sure :thumbsup: ps we,ll get there in the end :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links