Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Clutch Master Cylinder

Chris81

Ever since I've had my (nearly new, 55 reg, delivery miles) Yaris t-sport I've had a problem with the feel through the clutch pedal. In fact, my predicament is almost exactly the same as this posters problem:

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.p...2&hl=squeek

but mine is less of a noise and more of an unsmooth feeling through the pedal. If I depress the pedal and then release it quickly it feels ok, but if I release the pedal slowly (like on the biting point) it feels like it's catching somewhere. It can appear at any point of the travel of the pedal, though its usually at the bottom or the top, if you know what I mean. I've been back to my Toyota dealer several times. They don't really want to know, but firstly they replaced the pedal (made no difference) and then they had it back in to change the clutch master cylinder. It felt fixed for all of 5 minutes then it was back to its old self. I've had a look round the pedal mechanism and squirted it with grease (cos it feels like that would help) but again its made no difference.

My question (before I go whinging back to the dealers who I'm sure are sick of me) is... is the master cylinder where the push rod behind the pedal goes into or is this something else? Because I think thats where this creak/stickiness is coming from.

Any advice from you guys would be most appreciated as it's driving me mad!!!

Not sure I can help but my Corolla has exaclty the same problem ...... the cyclinder has been replaced twice as well as a lot of other stuff.

I think mine might be the pedal????

However at first my clutch was really stiff and after they replaced it, it felt much better - but it still squeaks :(

Cheers for the reply Dave. I read your original post when you said you thought the pedal just needed lubricating but in fact they replaced the master cylinder under warranty. How come you needed yet another master cylinder fitting? As well as squeaking, does yours also stammer a little bit, as if its sticking?

Cheers for the reply Dave. I read your original post when you said you thought the pedal just needed lubricating but in fact they replaced the master cylinder under warranty. How come you needed yet another master cylinder fitting? As well as squeaking, does yours also stammer a little bit, as if its sticking?

No not had that problem i'm affraid, although once when I got it back there was loads of free play in the clutch so i took it back and they sorted it out. It's wierd how they give it to you and it's fine then after about 20-50 miles the problem comes back :huh:

It still needs to be sorted again as well as the dash ...... but i'll need to get it serviced in Jan so I'll get them to look/fix it again.

I got fed up in the end taking it back and forth and getting no where :( !

Toyota HQ don't want to know :yawn:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links