Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Xbox 360 And Hd Tv's

kingdeacon

right i got a xbox 360 2 or 3 weeks back and got some games for xmas, thing is i cant play them as i use my xbox in the spare room where i have a normal tv and the games i got are 60htz which my tv dont do :(

so i need to get a hd lcd tv i think, as not only do i want to play 60htz games i want to play in hd as it looks much better.

thing is this is only going to be used for my xbox so dont want to spend to much, was looking at this one in woolworths http://www.woolworths.co.uk/ww_p2/product/...ml?pid=50824272

anyone know if its any good? or know of one better?

the sales should be on soon so will look around for one but thought i would ask here as dont know much about them

thanks

You sure you can't change it ???

I have Gears of War (60Hz game) working on my normal 15" bedroom TV ...... you need to go into the settings on the xbox and change it from 50Hz to 60Hz - mine picked it up fine :thumbsup: !

If you do decide on getting a HD TV make sure that it supports True HD - 1080p as well as 1080i

780i is not true HD and games look alot better in the higher res :thumbsup: !

Also to make it future proof make sure it has a couple of HDMI slots so that you can plug a few HD things into it ie 360, PVR ....

I have Gears of War (60Hz game) working on my normal 15" bedroom TV ...... you need to go into the settings on the xbox and change it from 50Hz to 60Hz - mine picked it up fine :thumbsup: !

I've seen GoW running on an ancient tv too, so it must be switchable.

If you do decide on getting a HD TV make sure that it supports True HD - 1080p as well as 1080i

780i is not true HD and games look alot better in the higher res :thumbsup: !

Also to make it future proof make sure it has a couple of HDMI slots so that you can plug a few HD things into it ie 360, PVR ....

Does the 360 have hdmi? My brother only has component on his.

Also, not every game supports 1080p. I'm not sure GoW does, as it may just be 780p. Obviously if you want 1080p then you have to write nearly double the number of pixels to the screen which is enough to make even the Xbox chug a bit.

Some developers seem to be going for 780p and having a bit more speed. It still looks very good.

Paul.

When you say old technology, when referring to the woolworths one... care to explain a little??

Also DaveSR... as for getting a TV which supports 1080p... they cost a furtune do they not??

I'll be buying a TV soonyish and I'm not looking to spend shed loads of money. As long as it supports 780i and has HDMI connections etc, then that'll do me.

You can get TV's that support 1080i which are pretty cheap and they are well worth it :thumbsup: !

(Difference between 'P' and 'I' is that they both use the same amount of pixels but they are refreshed differently - 'P' having the fastest responce time)

Game wise Gears of Wars is running at max res (i'm ruinning at 1080i @ the mo) which i'm sure they all are, however I know that SKY HD is only running at 780i

HDMI cable regarding the 360 - not out yet so just using component cable :thumbsup: !

Also using the higher res there is no difference in performance (ie slows down/juddery) what so ever :thumbsup: !

If I could show you the difference between 780i and 1080i you would want to spend the extra couple of pounds for it :thumbsup:

*Text on TV is the easiest way to spot the quality

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links