Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Warning Beep When Reversing Vvt-i Mmt

Rich77

Hi, first time poster. :)

I own a 2nd-hand Yaris T3 1.0 VVT-i MMT. I've had it since early November; it's my first car.

The car is great, but for about the past month, when I put it into reverse immediately after starting the engine, there is a warning beep (NOT the standard reverse warning), and the 'N' flashes on the dashboard. This only seems to be a problem when the engine is cold - if I leave it running for a minute or so, there is no beep. Similarly, if I put the car into neutral and then back to reverse, there is no problem. I have looked in the manual, and it says that it happens when the car struggles to find the gear - but it doesn't say if it's a serious problem?

Anyone able to shed any light on this?

I own a 2nd-hand Yaris T3 1.0 VVT-i MMT. I've had it since early November; it's my first car.

The car is great, but for about the past month, when I put it into reverse immediately after starting the engine, there is a warning beep (NOT the standard reverse warning), and the 'N' flashes on the dashboard. This only seems to be a problem when the engine is cold - if I leave it running for a minute or so, there is no beep. Similarly, if I put the car into neutral and then back to reverse, there is no problem. I have looked in the manual, and it says that it happens when the car struggles to find the gear - but it doesn't say if it's a serious problem?

Mine does this very occasionally when going from neutral to drive.

The beep appears to be just a warning that the gear has not been enaged yet, so it's telling you to wait before trying to move away.

Mine does this very occasionally when going from neutral to drive.

The beep appears to be just a warning that the gear has not been enaged yet, so it's telling you to wait before trying to move away.

**** is that actually needed , next there'll be a warning when you get in the car that you haven't started the engine, or you aint got your shopping list.

Welcome to TOC

It is quite normal...................It is the auto selector system sorting itself out and putting the gearbox in reverse.

It is an occasional thing mainly when things are cold.......or it used to be when I had my T3 MMT Yaris.

I hope that you get on well with the MMT.............If it is a Carlo Blue one it just MIGHT be my previous car.

That would be some coincidence :)

Thanks for the replies. I have just started to put it into 1st for a second or two, and then there isn't a problem.

It isn't your previous car Red!

**** is that actually needed , next there'll be a warning when you get in the car that you haven't started the engine, or you aint got your shopping list.

Oh yes.

The occasional beep is much better that wrecking the transmission by trying to drive-off while it's in the process of engaging a gear.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links