Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

K&n Typhoon Kit.

Lee_G

Hi guys just fitted my typhoooooOOOOoooOOOOoooon kit and what a good piece of kit it is. Definite gains.

What im after is a little advice.....the cable running to the mass air sensor (MAS) is a little too short and the other day under a bit of acceleration (hehe) one of the cables came out of the connector. RAC were able to replace the wire using a crimp and small piece of wire.

My question is...the other 3 of the 4 wires leading into the connection are also a little tight and could do with extending. Would you guys think a crimp connection (waterproofed and bound with tape - both singly and together) would be sufficient. The alternative would be taking the car to a garage but im more inclined to do this myself since I fit the kit on me lonesome. Ha

Any suggestions comments would be appreciated guys.

Also any questions you have about the kit I would be more than happy to answer. :thumbsup:

Hi guys just fitted my typhoooooOOOOoooOOOOoooon kit and what a good piece of kit it is. Definite gains.

What im after is a little advice.....the cable running to the mass air sensor (MAS) is a little too short and the other day under a bit of acceleration (hehe) one of the cables came out of the connector. RAC were able to replace the wire using a crimp and small piece of wire.

My question is...the other 3 of the 4 wires leading into the connection are also a little tight and could do with extending. Would you guys think a crimp connection (waterproofed and bound with tape - both singly and together) would be sufficient. The alternative would be taking the car to a garage but im more inclined to do this myself since I fit the kit on me lonesome. Ha

Also any questions you have about the kit I would be more than happy to answer. :thumbsup:

i noticed this when fitting mine so just released wiring loom out of clips and you can pull loom through the bulk head enough to releave the pull and then tie wrap the loom so it doesn,t pull back into car :thumbsup:

i noticed this when fitting mine so just released wiring loom out of clips and you can pull loom through the bulk head enough to releave the pull and then tie wrap the loom so it doesn,t pull back into car :thumbsup:

Hi 215!,

I did release one of the clips originally but there still wasnt enough give on the loom.

I've now crimped the wires (as i mentioned in the original post) and added a 1.5 inch extension of 5amp cable. The crimps I used were heat shrink and so good for water tightness. I've then taped up each wire individually and then as a whole for strength. The finished thing looks very neat and tidy and the loom was able to be put back into its clips.

I also added a couple o cable ties to pull the loom upwards slightly near the MAS connection as it sits a little higher once in the typhoon kit.

...So far so good - been driving around now since last night and no problems - cant get over how good this kit sounds and throttle response is so much better.

Thanks for the post 215, nice to know someone else has expierenced the same prob.

Hi 215!,

I did release one of the clips originally but there still wasnt enough give on the loom.

I've now crimped the wires (as i mentioned in the original post) and added a 1.5 inch extension of 5amp cable. The crimps I used were heat shrink and so good for water tightness. I've then taped up each wire individually and then as a whole for strength. The finished thing looks very neat and tidy and the loom was able to be put back into its clips.

I also added a couple o cable ties to pull the loom upwards slightly near the MAS connection as it sits a little higher once in the typhoon kit.

...So far so good - been driving around now since last night and no problems - cant get over how good this kit sounds and throttle response is so much better.

Thanks for the post 215, nice to know someone else has expierenced the same prob.

lee g glad you got it sorted .typhoon kits :driving: sounds great and i think gives a definate improvement in performance

is the power difference noticable or is it "in the mind"?

I'd have to say YEEEAAAHHHHHH!!!

I'm havent had it rolling roaded but i can tell throttle response is soooo much better.

I've only just changed my wheels for some 17s with Toyo Proxes. The last tyres were more or less bald. What Im trying to say is the car was fine as standard, then I added the typhoon kit with the old wheels - there was so much more power setting off the wheels spun constantly in 1st and 2nd... I now have new tyres on bigger wheels and the balance is back.

Top end I cant really comment yet - I had 125mph out of the standard kit (private road :yes: although there was more to be had ) - havent really tried with the induction kit and new wheels yet although the bigger rims should help with top end speed.

Lastly...The noise is great and gives the t sport a much better presence on the road.

i managed to tweak mine enough that all my cables fitted ok !

and yes there is a power gain ! both me and gary have proved it !

i recently had rolling roaded with only mods to inc the typhoon kit and a tte back box and i got 201 bhp !

i am HUGE fan of the typhoon lol :D

I am getting mines shortly and i cant wait!!!!! I soo cant get bored of this car - my instincts as a 4 yr old kid that this car ruled were proven right :-)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links