Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Insurance

kularm

Hi,

We all know that the yaris t sport is only an insurance group rating 7, hence why it was appealing to me as a 19 year old. For the past few months insurance has been costing me £1500 for me as policy holder 3rd Party, but this is inclusive of two years extra no claims which i was given for taking up the policy. Anywho, if I were to add a Fujitsubo Powergetter exhaust as seen on Burnie1000's post, a set of aftermarket 16" alloys, Full HID kit xenons, and front and rear strut braces, how much should I expect insurance to go up by, if someone can give me an idea in both cost and new insurance group I would be very thankful. Also if I could get a second cost increase or decrease if I were to add a thacham 1 alarm kit (namely the clifford Viper) and may be a tracker too

Thanks

Mike

It'd be best to ring your current company up and ask, some companies only charge for "performance mods" e.g filters and exhaust, and won't be fussed by strut braces and HID's, my insurance last year didnt charge me extra for putting my wheels on, just for the exhaust and air filter.

Also sometimes fitting an alarm may make no difference at all to the cost of the insurance as one of my mates found out after he had a Toad Ai606 fitted to his Clio, and his policy amount stayed the same.

But £1500 3rd party sounds very expensive anyway for a 19 year old with 2 years NCB, it may be worth looking for a new insurance company if I were you as I pay less and have got 5 points and all mods declared.

Try these links out;

www.moneysupermarket.com

www.confused.com

www.bell.co.uk

best place ive found for lookin for car insurance is www.insuresupermarket.com

but LOL insurance is higggggh when your young, the cheapest quote i had when 1st got a car was with quinn direct - 18 years old - just passed - insurance on my name - ONE litre yaris - full comp - £1800 or so! with pass plus! lol but changed it to 3rd party now so payin around £75 a month...which aint too bad...

I was with Bell.co.uk for ages, good service & deal for my old ford 'fester' but they wanted to charge me £450ish for unmodded t-sport (Club Toyota insurance were the same £), so I called Adrian Flux who knocked just over £150 off that quote..

I am 30 though with 12y ncb :!Removed!: Would definitely recommend ringing them! :yes:

Stu

so glad i'm an old !Removed! when i read these threads!

my golf gti costs me £310 comp with protected NCB (9 years), The T sport would cost me £278 but it's the other halfs and i'm on her policy for the pricely sum of £12 per year. :toast:

First time I have ever said this, but I wish I was old! :( Having one of the fastest cars out of any of my friends is a bugger when it comes to rubbish like insurance! :(

so glad i'm an old !Removed! when i read these threads!

my golf gti costs me £310 comp with protected NCB (9 years), The T sport would cost me £278 but it's the other halfs and i'm on her policy for the pricely sum of £12 per year. :toast:

Putting my o/h on the policy actually brings the price down by around £100!!!! I am 25, and have been driving 18 months. Had to pay £80 to change from my previous car, which cost me £140 to insure, so for a year, the Yaris would have been around £300.

Like you say, oh the joys of being old!

over on golfgti.co.uk there is an insurance comparison thread that any of the younger members here who are feeling bad about what they pay on a Yaris should go and read, It'll make you feel much better.

There are 19 yr olds over there whou pay upwards of £1500 TPFT on a 15-20 yr old car. mentalists. :lol:

over on golfgti.co.uk there is an insurance comparison thread that any of the younger members here who are feeling bad about what they pay on a Yaris should go and read, It'll make you feel much better.

There are 19 yr olds over there whou pay upwards of £1500 TPFT on a 15-20 yr old car. mentalists. :lol:

Thats crazy paying that much money for TPFT

Yaris TS is a decent car so get Full Comp

Try Tesco's theve been good with me or Elephant :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links