Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Sr Alloy Colour Change?

sphinktar1988

anyone no ruffly how much it would be to get my wheels painted i fancy gunmetal / shadow chrome sorta colour, thinkg it will go well on a black sr?

anyone no ruffly how much it would be to get my wheels painted i fancy gunmetal / shadow chrome sorta colour, thinkg it will go well on a black sr?

Someone else on here painted there standard SR alloys a while back but can't remember who, sorry! They had a dark blue SR, Carlo blue I think and sprayed the wheels gunmetal themselves. They looked really good a set the car off well. Theres a few pics on the site but as I said I can't remember who's car it was!! Someone with a better memory than my own will be along soon and they'll know who it is!!

raywong had the gunmetal alloys on his carlo blue yaris :thumbsup: Lived in MK so you may have even seen him driving it around baby yari! He now has a Tsport aswell though. Also i think seveer unaek has a set of black painted Tsport alloys. No idea if either of them sprayed them themselves or what!

Ill be doing the same shortly, i have a dark green SR and im getting mine sprayed black, im going for the stealth look on mine. Ring around the alloy refurb companies in your area, they should be able to do it. Will be getting morrettes soon and leaving them black aswell, hopefully it looks sweet :thumbsup:

raywong had the gunmetal alloys on his carlo blue yaris :thumbsup: Lived in MK so you may have even seen him driving it around baby yari! He now has a Tsport aswell though. Also i think seveer unaek has a set of black painted Tsport alloys. No idea if either of them sprayed them themselves or what!

Yup I have seen him out and about in both the SR and the T-pot! Raywong was the person I was thinking of thank you Woody.

Send him a PM sphinktar and he might be able to sort you out with a mini instruction guide if your going to be brave enough to attempt it yourself!

On a side note we will totally have to do a little SR meet that you can make Baby Yari as you been on here a fair while now and stil aint met ya! Out of interest where abouts in MK ya live?

Regarding painting wheels i think you should be able to find a guide on the net somewhere?

it is me with the painted alloys on the SR, done it at least 2 years ago and still going strong, i would say have a go yourself as it's cheap and still gets a good finish.. i've got to say, the paint aint flaking off or anything but it wont b as strong as powder coated. just b careful when u undo the wheel nuts and parking near kerbs.

i didnt even do proper steps like cover the tyres (as i needed new tyres at that time) and use fine sandpaper to rub the surface down. all i did was whack a few layers of paint on, leave it to dry in between layers, then same with lacquer. i think i did 3 layers each. make sure the u paint it evenly, and the whole alloy gets painted. but i wouldnt recomennd people doing it at this time of the year, as its too cold furthermore the paint and lacquer will take a while to dry. :)

try doing the proper steps and the paint should b stronger, i might spray my t-pot's alloy when the weather gets better as the rims are in bad condition and many kerbings and use it as a set of winter wheels.

Gd luck matey, will post some pics up later and let u see the colour that i have :thumbsup:

Ray

IMGP2216.jpg

IMGP2221.jpg

IMGP2222.jpg

enjoy

Ray :thumbsup:

P.S. i'm always up for meets as long as the times right and if it aint too far away from me. if u guys having one in MK then i would definitely up for it.

Interesting thread and nice pictures raywong!

I like my wheels when they are dirty so gunmetal it is lol

Out of interest what carbon fibre bonnet do you have raywong!

Count me in on the meet!

I bet you'll be looking £200 to have your wheels painted, gunmetal may look alright against black paintwork but I bet white will look better.

See what I mean about the alloys sphinktar, they look good, especially on the darker car.

Woody I think your the king of the meets mate, your last one was a sucess and theres potential for more eh! I'm surprised we haven't met already, were only a few miles apart after all!

aye cheers lads looks like it could be a promising mod like, dont fancy doin it my self tryed that one with my tte bumper n to put it boldly its crap haha. aye been told to go white by a few people matty not to sure my self neva been a fan of it just one of them fussy people lol.

as for a meet yeah id defos be up for that get all the lil yari's out :D

Anyone up near the north east ?

shop around but i think and i only think but its about £30 a wheel so £120 for the 4i was thinking of having mine done in white, i have a black SR

i've seen a black SR with white rims in nottingham once and it looks nice too.. but i assume it will b a tough job keeping it clean, thats y i go for gunmetal, it's perfect for the lazy ones

i know theres a small jap car meet tomorrow (2nd) at Asda Milton Keynes at 9pm, i think i will go to that, i am the only yaris going as far as i know... anyone want to join?

Ray

haha bit of a journey for me mate :P

the aa.com quotes

225 miles

3 and half hours drive time :P

type in start point "TS21 2JG"

then end where ever u live dude

ano gimps websites gash lol

which car u taking like SR or TS

I want to go to the meet but its 100 miles to milton for me!

I think we should arrange a meet 50 miles away from milton so its even and tht will be near woody

well if everyone leaves there post codes u would work out a possible place? u would have to leave the people hu r mileeeeeeees away out like

tell ya what dude

lets move this into a yaris meet topic so everyone else can see the score

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links