Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ps3's From Different Countries

manphibian

Hi, i'm going to Hong Kong and China on business in january and i really want a playstation3, just wondering if i bought them in HK would they work ok here?

And has anyone done this, what are the rules on bringing them back, do you have to pay VAT when you bring them in, is there an import duty to be paid if they are for you/gifts? :huh:

Thanks,

Luke.

Not sure about getting it back here, taxes etc but the following will probably apply...

1) the power supply over there is different - and therefore you will need to get hold of a power pack in the uk

2) the games/manuals/dvd's you get will be in cantonese

3) uk games/dvd will not play - due to format and region differences.

Also, apparently the warranty will be void, Sony have said imported consoles will automatically lose any warranty and will not be repaired under the warranty system.

Or you could wait 2 months and get a UK spec? More expensive yes, but less hassle in the long run. :thumbsup:

hmm, i read in some of the eBay ads from us/japan that the power supply auto changes to the different voltages so doesn't need a transformer, wasn't sure if it was true or not.

And i can't see me paying the rip off uk launch price, it's about the same in £ as the US one is in $. Scandalous. :ffs:

heres a even better idea dude buy something better than a ps3 like a 360 :D :P lol

hahahahahaha :lol2:

not even bill gates believes that :P

ps3 game reviews

None of them look much good anyway :lol: 8.6 is the best

Yeah, they don't look great do they :lol:

Give it chance though, It's taken a while for the real quality games like gears of war to come out for the 360, and pro evo 6 imo is better on ps2 than 360, it's just a bit wrong, bit slower, not as fluid.

check out reviews of motorstorm, it looks awesome

PS3 for the win :toast: :)