Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Leather

pork_pie

Why not return the car as not fit for purpose and having an inherent fault from new, and then order a new one!

They have to fix it with a product which meets your approval.

Seek legal advice at this point. You are protected against this by your consumer rights.

Sorted - Alan you are the voice of reason.

:toast:

Thanks for not shooting me down when comtemplating buying a Citroen!!!!!

:thumbsup:

Erm... tbh there's a certain amount of hypocracy there. I own (bits of) a 2CV! :!Removed!:

Personally I wouldn't go to any 3rd-party companies - all you'd have to do is pay them a fee to achieve what you should be able to achieve with a couple of well-worded, recorded delivery letters.

Stay calm and stick in there :thumbsup:

A

Yeah anything legal you have to pay as I found up during a relationship breakdown back in 2005.

W*nkers!

-------------------------------------------------------

Toyota UK rang me up yesterday morning to confirm that I have rejected their proposal.

The lady said that she fears that a stalemate will be reached and that the dealer have not "honoured their contract".

She says they can't to too much as the dealer was an "independent chain". Does that mean they can get away with everything?

I cannot leave the car in their dealership as I need the vehicle for my job and I happen to start a new job 300 miles away. If I left the car in the forecourt they will go ahead with their proposal or reupholster the car under warranty. You know that relying on the warranty resulted in waiting 6 weeks for the wrong parts to be ordered not once but TWICE!

As for swapping the seats......sorry but the technicians could not even fix the lid under the drivers side vent. If a lid causes such a challenge, you can imagine what "reclining, sliding folding rear seats and front seats with airbags" can present.

Bascially I dont trust the dealerships technicians to do anything right - thats my other issue.

I can live with the leather - its actually not terrible - its borderline acceptable therefore NOT GOOD ENOUGH BUT I CAN LIVE WITH IT.

I feel I been sold it under false pretentions. Whenver something is retrofitted, I always raise doubts bit I got told "yes sir we can assure you that the installation of the leather prior to delivery will be faultless".

I trusted the dealer and I went ahead and paid my £500 deposit.

Get this.....this (BELOW) kinda makes me feel I am being treated with contempt here.

I actually went to the citroen dealership 2 days ago just to see how much my car was worth. I was a bogus customer as I really was not going to trade my Yaris for a 12k C4 Hdi Cool Special Edition with metallic paint thrown in. I was not expecting a huge offer for my car but I was hoping for a very small cost to change if any. I was not expecting a return on the extras I had added. Even if the cost was small I would not buy a shi**y French make who gives less of a damn than Toyota and be subjected to recalls left right and centre.

Bascially the cost to change would be...3.5k after Citroen made a few calls to Toyota dealers and the dealership that offered me the least was suprise suprise the garage i bought the car from.

I feel my cards been marked.

That is a whopping loss!!!!!!£3.5 k in two months? Thats not including the price of extras!!!!!!

I mentioned this fact to Toyota UK and they said "maybe the dealership in question had too many Yarises and anyway they hold their value a lot better than other mainstram rivals".

I said "No, the dealer knows who I am - a trouble maker so we give him s0d all for his car"

I have been to the dealership many times obviously and there is NOT a glut of current face diesel Yarises.

BULLSH*T

Anyway it further shown that this car is for me and it's increased my love for my car and I will definately keep it 'til it dies.

I was finally asked what I wanted and I said "Refund - end of".

I would have said "Just give us 2 free services and call it quits" but if the dealer want to dig their heels in, then I am going to do the same including a smattering of legal action.

Why oh why does the car have to be so lovely............DOH!

Sadly 3.5k in 2 months seems about right for any new car... :(

A