Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Debadging?

sphinktar1988

is there anyholes or anything i need to be aware of when debadgin my sr

cause my mate with a corsa c did it n found a nice big hole behind his n now need his boot sprayin cause he had to fill the whole??

the bonnet will have holes, and sometimes the large toyota logo on the back of the boot has holes.

The rest should be fine

Yeah, the front Toyota Badge has two holes for the locating pins, the rear usually doesn't though there have been one or two rare exceptions.

All the other badges are just stuck straight onto the paintwork.

Any ideas on how to get rid of the glue residue left under the badges??

Use methylated spirits to get the sticky residue off, you may want to scrape as much of the sticky foam off before using meths.

Then use some t-cut once all the glue is off, this just removes any fine scratches, and it also removes the silhouette (spelling) that the badges leaves behind. Otherwise in the wrong light you'll see where the badges were. Then use some wax or polish to finish off.

Also Yaris SR kid seems to swear by using a "toffee wheel" which is like a sticky disc which you can put in a drill which should take off all the glue. I haven't tried it myself but he seems to think that was the best method!

TOFFEE WHEEL!

Take side door protectors off aswell and that would take like 3 hours using any other way!

Use vinegar and polish to get rid of resedue marks

Need any help just PM!

Paint will be fine mate!

Just take it off like you would with badges then wax off resedue glue!

Looks so much better without!

aye im guessin it will like. wat about colour coding em ?

also sr kid how much did u pay to get your tte bumper sprayed cause i made a hash of mine could fix it but to lazy lol

He paid £50 for somewhere in reading to do it as i gotta get mine done there too sometime when i get a chance!

gonna de Badge mine soon. when i took my side strips off i have been left with a slight difference in colour. mines a black car so maybe the paint needs touching up or something

Have you tried using some colour magic on it T sport?

I paid £50 for mine and thats best quote around i hear lol! Travel down to me and you will probably still save money :P

i have not mate but a friend gave me some sort of polish which is really strong and has to be left over night???is that what ya talking about

I was talking about T-cut colour magic but my dad has some of the stuff your talking about and it worked wonders on his S2k!

He was on about the car having to be left overnight at the spraying place for the guy wanting his TTE bumper sprayed! On that note found out if they got the small spray gun fixed yet adam? Also could you get me a quote for the TTE splitter with bumers mate? :thumbsup: Cheers in advance!

debadging my yaris was ell easy apart from the tuff double sided stiky tape, all i did was run a blunknife with a thin cloth over it so as not to damage the paint then got the rest of the stiky tape off with a rag and auto glym supe resin polish it takes effort but not much as you wont expect i dident take the toyota emblem off coz im changing them to gold ones heres a piki, polish gets anything off.

DSC00064.jpg