Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2.2d And T180 Owners Please

a900ss

Hi,

I am in the process of choosing a replacement car and I am considering a Verso. I currently have a 320d Touring and find this a little too small.

I am considering either the 2.2D or the T180 so would appreciate comments from owners of these regarding MPG and how good the engine is.

I drive 40,000 miles per year, mostly on motorway at approx 70MPH and really need good feul economy. What MPG figures does either engine give at approx 70MPH?

Also, I am a bit lazy and like using the engines low down power to pull the car up to speed instead of changing down a gear and upping the revs. My BMW will pull quite well from as low as 1500RPM and therefore means I can be in 6th gear from about 50 MPH (6th equals 35MPH per 1000 RPM). What is the toyota like in this respect? What is the gearing in 6th per 1000 RPM?

Many thanks for all your help.

I have recently bought the verso 2-2 T spirit it is very difficult to compare with another car if you have never driven it what I would say is BMW diesels are among the best available and it would perhaps be a good idea to try to get a 24 hour test drive with a dealer.

My overall impressions are that the car does nothing badly and is very easy to live with and it seems to have plenty of low down torque but as the car is still new I would expect that to improve even more.You do not get the feeling you are waiting for the turbo to come in as you do with some cars and as a motorway cruiser it should be a good car as it is extremely quite

Regarding the mpg as the most of my driving is rural I do not think it would help you very much but the fuel tank range seems small at about 388 miles

You state that the BMW estate is a little too small in what way do you mean passenger space or boot space as I find the boot can be a little short of space sometimes.

I purchased my car through Carfile and found them very helpful they put me in touch with a local dealer who also took my trade in the deal went very smoothly as all dealings and payments were made to the dealer

I need extra space in the boot. I will only ever use the car as a 5 seater but boot space is important to me.

I think you will find the boot space not as big as you are expecting even with just five seats I was surprised myself compared to my previous car which was an Avensis ! your BMW 320 has 460 L of boot space the verso has 417 L

Had you considered the Avensis T180 although it will not hold its value to the same extent of your BMW if its a company car its not your worry and I believe it is a cracking car

Hope it helps

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links