Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Vauxhall

mr_miller

well I know which Id sooner have

It might be quicker 0-60 but not being a vauxhall fan I wouldnt even look.

Tsport is prob still one of quickest NA 1.8 out there

Corsa VXR...

Another T-Sport beater???

problem with vauxhall how long can it maintain these figures of performance before it blows up. lets be honest vauxhalls engine reliabilty isn,t the best by any means :thumbsup:

My 5 dr civic VTi 1.8 can hit 60 in 8 sec... :rolleyes: :P

Which is almost a second slower than the CTS Fizz! :lol:

But returning to the subject of the Corsa ... It is a huge leap from previous SRi or whatever Corsas. I wouldn't think they will make or sell very many, but it's there to make Corsas in general look less naff!

Toyota has a Corolla-equivalent which could I suppose rival the 250bhp Astra VXR if it were ever sold over here, but is there a new Yaris to match the Corsa?

Paul.

Dohh... should really check the stats before looking like a fool :lol:

Actually scratch that... just checked parkers and as i thought the book figure is 8.1 ? :wacko:

http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/specs/data-d...spx?deriv=22442

I only know stats of the more powerful cars... :!Removed!:

Dohh... should really check the stats before looking like a fool :lol:

Actually scratch that... just checked parkers and as i thought the book figure is 8.1 ? :wacko:

http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/specs/data-d...spx?deriv=22442

I only know stats of the more powerful cars... :!Removed!:

I know my car does it quicker than 8.1 so parkers can get stuffed! :thumbsup:

What car says http://www.whatcar.co.uk/car-review-perfor...D=48408&U=0

MANUFACTURER'S FIGURES

0-60 mph (secs) 6.9

Max speed (mph) 143

To be honest with you I would only trust manufacturer website and Parkers figures. It what insurance companies use to get their info on car makes models and specs etc. :thumbsup:

Never seen anything in Parkers that has been dubious before. That what car site does not even acknowledge that there is a Civic 1.8VTi Hatch on a 2000 X plate. Only has the Estate model on there for the same year. :wacko:

T-Sport Kid... Im sure yours is quicker matey.. :thumbsup::lol: Although Toyota have been known for playing down performance figures in the past... :yes:

I did 7.26sec electronically timed at Silverstone. That had a chunk of wheel spin too, so could have done better.

I suspect Toyota didn't want Corolla sales to take away from the Celica, which is pretty much the same speed in a straight line.

Paul.

What car says http://www.whatcar.co.uk/car-review-perfor...D=48408&U=0

MANUFACTURER'S FIGURES

0-60 mph (secs) 6.9

Max speed (mph) 143

To be honest with you I would only trust manufacturer website and Parkers figures. It what insurance companies use to get their info on car makes models and specs etc. :thumbsup:

Never seen anything in Parkers that has been dubious before. That what car site does not even acknowledge that there is a Civic 1.8VTi Hatch on a 2000 X plate. Only has the Estate model on there for the same year. :wacko:

T-Sport Kid... Im sure yours is quicker matey.. :thumbsup::lol: Although Toyota have been known for playing down performance figures in the past... :yes:

Ofcourse they have played it down, I dont mind, particularly when its insurance group 14. Also when you keep up or beat other fast cars and their driver thinks to himself, I didnt think they were that quick. Not so long ago I raced a focus st 2.5 and was still with him at 110 mph, yes he was going for it too as it was stuck on his rear bumper!

I had my 04 Tsport 0-60 in 7.2ish certainly quicker than 8.1 :D :D

as anyone who has been in one will tell you.

and i did say one of quickest not the quickest. The exige is obviously quicker :thumbsup: but as a family car the Tsport is one of quickest 1.8 NA cars out there

and one of the most powerfull n/a too , isnt the exige supercharged? or have they got a n/a one too (sorry not lotus clued up lol)

i dont think many companys can say they can get over 200 bhp from a n/a engine !

I think they did a NA exige, the one clarkson drove on TG was NA as he said Toyota engine 190bhp celica engine.

They prob have done a SC version as well not sure though

They prob have done a SC version as well not sure though

Lotus said there were only going to be 50 supercharged 2zzge Exiges.

I think the standard new Exige just has the 190 with Lotus-tweaked ecu maybe.

Paul.

Owned a few Vauxhalls in my time, can't recall ever having an engine problem with any of them. Plenty problems, just not in the engine department.

While you're talking about the 2zze being a great normally aspirated engine, used by others such as Lotus, remember that in its day, the 2.0 litre 16v engine used in the Mark 2 Astra Gte was in the same bracket. 156bhp from a N/A engine was pretty near ground breaking and it was used by Caterham in their kit cars. It pushed the Astra along to 60 in 7.5 seconds and onto 137mph.

Digital dash was neat too.

This was one of the fastest and scariest motors I ever owned :)

Snert

the integra Type R is 1.8 and has 187bhp and can hit 60 in 6.5... not bad for a NA..

my mk3 astra had the most common vaux fault , perminant engine managment light on due to the good old crank sensor lol

problem with vauxhall how long can it maintain these figures of performance before it blows up. lets be honest vauxhalls engine reliabilty isn,t the best by any means :thumbsup:

I've had my Astra VXR for over a year now 15k on the clock and had no engine problems at all. I'm running the standard 240ps yet know of many chipped to 300 and never heard of a blown engine , I know most forums have biased opinion but comments like these are :nono: :!Removed!: unless you've had personal experience of Vauxhall engines repeatably :blowup:

DSCF0393.jpgDSCF0394.jpg

I don't stick to any one manufacturer hence buying my Aygo :D (fantastic car) a couple of months ago to help keep the mileage and winter damage down on my VXR

To to add about vauxhall engines, My dad was always a vauxhal fan for years, then he had a 1.6 8 valve gls astra. The head gasket went in that at 38k, then again at 49k. So he brought his first avensis. My grandad had a vectra cdx, engine managment light was always on, Oil leaked from every seal, and build quality what quality. At the time a mate of my dads had a vectra which had the same problmes engine managament light always on and oil leaks. Both vectras where brand new and with in 2500 miles the leaks started then the engine light stayed on. So i'd stay well clear of vauxalls but that just from experiences i've heard of, i'm sure there must be one or 2 good ones out there.

I've had my Astra VXR for over a year now 15k on the clock and had no engine problems at all. I'm running the standard 240ps yet know of many chipped to 300 and never heard of a blown engine , I know most forums have biased opinion but comments like these are :nono: :!Removed!: unless you've had personal experience of Vauxhall engines repeatably :blowup:

DSCF0393.jpgDSCF0394.jpg

I don't stick to any one manufacturer hence buying my Aygo :D (fantastic car) a couple of months ago to help keep the mileage and winter damage down on my VXR

my comments are justified as i ve been in the motor trade for over 28 years and taken more cylinder heads of vauxhalls due to cam belts failing and bending valves than any other manufacturer.now on the new vauxhalls the engineers that do the cylinder head work now inform me that vauxhall have gone onto chains instead of belts but believe it or not are now having chain failures ,as the engineers described it to me "what do they expect when they fit a single link chain{like a push bike chain} instead of a double link like most manufacturers .i have owned vauxhalls myself in the early days of the ohc 8 valve engine but wouldn,t touch new vauxhalls due to reliabilty .i must say i like the look of some of the vauxhalls but thats as far as it would go unless there reliabilty improved .wont even go into the electronics on vauxhalls eg;management lights. :thumbsup:

my comments are justified as i ve been in the motor trade for over 28 years and taken more cylinder heads of vauxhalls due to cam belts failing and bending valves than any other manufacturer.now on the new vauxhalls the engineers that do the cylinder head work now inform me that vauxhall have gone onto chains instead of belts but believe it or not are now having chain failures ,as the engineers described it to me "what do they expect when they fit a single link chain{like a push bike chain} instead of a double link like most manufacturers .i have owned vauxhalls myself in the early days of the ohc 8 valve engine but wouldn,t touch new vauxhalls due to reliabilty .i must say i like the look of some of the vauxhalls but thats as far as it would go unless there reliabilty improved .wont even go into the electronics on vauxhalls eg;management lights. :thumbsup:

I remember the stories of the first 16v EcoTec engines which had cam belt issue's on many models, I thought myself lucky at the time as I'd previously had a new Tigra for three months before trading it in.

I'm planning on keeping the Astra for many years however so hopefully I have a good one :)