Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Dash Lights..?

luder

the lights behind the instrument panel under the radio im my corolla are green...there the white bulbs with the slip on green covers to make the light green...my question is can different colour sleeves be baught or can different coloured bulbs be got....ideally im after red or blue bulbs so it will blend in with the dials...so has anyone on here ever changed the bulbs..?

loaded ok for me.

i have the orange dash lights... i would like to change mine all the blue (to match my headunit)

i guess i could do the centre console ones... but how would i get into the dash to do those ?

I applied "Tamiya Clear Red Model Paint" to the inside of the instrument panel, then removed the green sleeves.

Glass paint is the next best solution.

Red bulbs/LEDs (if they do them small enough)

loaded ok for me.

i have the orange dash lights... i would like to change mine all the blue (to match my headunit)

i guess i could do the centre console ones... but how would i get into the dash to do those ?

to take the dash off...first take off the knobs of the heater controls...take out the ashtray aswel...then grab the bottom of the dash piece and slowly pull it out...to remove it completely you will have to disconnect the wires going to the clock and cig lighter.

to take the dash off...first take off the knobs of the heater controls...take out the ashtray aswel...then grab the bottom of the dash piece and slowly pull it out...to remove it completely you will have to disconnect the wires going to the clock and cig lighter.

i don't have heater knobs.. and the ashtray is down by the gear stick.

i have a 2005 CTS !

i don't have heater knobs.. and the ashtray is down by the gear stick.

i have a 2005 CTS !

Pretty much the same .... unscrew the knob and pull out that console, then take out the ash tray and yank out the unit from the bottom.

It's pretty tough ;)

what knob ??? my dash as no knobs on it at all !

i know how to remove the centre console (no knobs on that either), as i've had it out a few times and it's easy

it's the "dash board" i am talking about.

Sorry yeah on about the wrong thing :rolleyes:

Not sure how the dash comes off - but I know that there is a screw at the top of the speedo holding some plastic in which pulls out ..... I think I seen some screws holding the speedo in when I had to remove it to fit my bluetooth kit :thumbsup:

Also soz for being stupid lol ;)

*Knob - The gear knob

on the cts you have to remove 1 or 2 screws from the top of the black plastic surround, then pull that out, then there should be 3 or 4 screws holding the dials in, remove these then twist the dials to disconnect the wire plugs (they should all be electrical ones, none of those annoying speedo drive cable jobbies) and then contort the dials to get them out, should come out on the door side with a jiggle if the steering wheel is as low as it goes

also there are people on eBay selling complete kits to convert corolla dashs to what ever colour you want, i think they are only 5 pound (mabye 7-8ish with post)

use silicone bulb cover (like the original) in red.

If you paint, after some time you have to re-paint

I think the red plastic housing might leave them sticking out too far to go behind the lower centre console Hoho. but there's other LEDs in here too:Red LED

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links