Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

T-sport Lift Bolts........

dahat

having being advised by someone on an irish forum to change these on every service.....but mr t today looked at me like i was talking bull wen i asked him to change them............

can anyone explain these to me..........

having being advised by someone on an irish forum to change these on every service.....but mr t today looked at me like i was talking bull wen i asked him to change them............

As far as I knew it, the lift bolts lock the higher lift cam in place above 6200rpm.

They do not need replacing unless they have failed.

Some time ago there was concern from the Celica users of this engine that lift bolts might fail. It was on pre 2002 engines if my memory serves me correctly. The lift bolt design was altered slightly on later engines.

TBH, I've never read of anyone posting regarding a lift bolt failure in the Corolla forum and there's quite a few high mileage motors out there. If they were going to fail on a regular basis, I reckon we would all know about it by now.

Of course, with anything mechanical, you can never say never, so don't take my word for it ;)

Snert

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links