Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tyre Pressure

unggy

Hi

My tyres looks abit flat and needs pumping up. How much air should i fill it up to? 31psi?

ive got toyo tyres if that helps.

thanks

In the glovebox of the Yaris it says (for the 1.3) 33 at the front and 30 at the back.

That's what we fill them too & the handling is a-ok.

Hadn't paid attention to your car model.

33psi front, 31psi rear iirc

;)

A

In the glovebox of the Yaris it says (for the 1.3) 33 at the front and 30 at the back.

same on my 1.0

same on my 1.0

and mine :thumbsup:

Tell me Davy - even with highly non-standard wheels and tyres do you still keep them to the factory recommended pressures?

I've stuck an extra couple of psi in mine all around as the font ones looked really squidged.

What do you think (as the expert in these things)?

;)

A

Yeha different wheels would take dif pressure as SR pressure dif so standard 1.3 and kinda same car!

Alan.. as you will know tyre pressures go by the weight of the vehicle (generally) it also depends on how the driver likes his/her car to feel, I would recommend putting in the factory standard pressure and then experimenting a couple os PSI either way untill the car feels and handles they way you like it... what i wouldn't do is.. go more than 5 PSI below the standard pressure or go above the maximum pressure written on the sidewall of the tyre.

As for them looking a little "squidged" (where did you get that one from? :lol:) the sidewall on every ultra low-profile tyre (I would consider this to be 50 series and below) looks err.. hmmm.. *thinks* err.. Squidged... It is for this reason I would highly recommend that tyres of these sizes have the pressures checked at least once a week... as I do with mine ;)

Yeha different wheels would take dif pressure as SR pressure dif so standard 1.3 and kinda same car!

Different wheels and tyres don't make any difference to what the tyre pressures should be.........

Tyre pressure tips

Contrary to popular belief, tyre pressure is not determined by the type of tyre or its size but

upon your vehicle's load and driving application i.e. speed

To find out what your car's tyre pressure should be, consult the manufacturers tyre placard usually found inside the driver's door sill, glove box, fuel filler cap or under the bonnet.

The placard also displays the manufacturers recommended tyre sizes.

Tyre pressures should be checked when the tyre is 'cold', as pressure increases as the tyre becomes 'hot'.

Take the "cold" reading and check them against the recommended tyre pressures from your placard.

Heavy loads or towing puts an extra strain on your tyres. So if your vehicle is fully loaded with passengers and luggage, the general rule is to add 28kpa (4PSI or 4lbs).

At high speed, (defined as driving at 120km/h for over one hour), your tyres will wear out twice as fast as when you drive at 70-80 km/h. If your tyres are under-inflated by twenty per cent tyre life can be reduced by thirty per cent. The rule here is to add 28Kpa (4PSI) from your Minimum Compliance Plate Pressure. Don't inflate your tyres above 40 psi or 280 kPa. When the tyres get hot from driving, the pressure will increase even more.

The SR is a slightly more sprty car than the standard car, so it will have slightly different handling capabilities... hence a slightly different recommended tyre pressure.

Cool... I'm fine then. That's pretty much what I thought.

I might not be good at washing the car, but I'm pretty anal about that kind of thing. Tyres are what keep you attached to the road, remember...

:thumbsup:

A

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links