Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Clifford Concept 300

massari

hit standing water and noticed my stereo was making a buzzing sound through the Speakers... parked up and my clifford concept 300 made 4 beeps indicating something was open. nothing was.

When i got back to my car the alarm was screaming, it wouldnt disable! I drove it off home! After an hour and a half of driving I was fed up with it! So I cut the cable to the speaker, this was a really bad thing to do because it shut down the whole car! Any ideas on how I can get the car going? I cant even use the 2 buttons inside the car to put it on valet mode, although when i put the key in the car the electrics turn on, it just wont let me start the car.

Any help welcome, thanks

I'd have thought your best bet would be to get a mobile AutoElectrician to take a look at it. When Alarms start to play up they cause no end of bother, and as you've discovered it's not just a case of disconnecting wires.

Sorry I can't be of more help !

Good Luck

Thanks for the help :) ,

I had the alarm fitted by Sheffields Technicar, they aren't very nice people! The alarm used to go off when it rained, so I took it back to them to be recalibrated, cost £100 and still used to go off when it rained! I was going to call them before I cut the cable! LOL... But they aren't very polite, :(

Oh well they are charging me £45 call out fee, and minimum £35 per hour looking at what i've done! So its going to cost me absolute minimum of £80...

unless I can tow it? Will the brakes still work? nothing on the car works all the electrics seem to be completly out now, last night the aircon was still working...

Any advise welcome!

:thumbsup:

The alarm has went into a security mode I think cause the cable was cut. I would be looking for a mobile electrician that does alarm installation and tell him exactly what was done, if not the garage that fitted it may be your best bet.

I a not sure of that particular modle but a lot of the alarms have wiring all the same colour and can be an absolute nightmare to try to repair. If it is a cat 1 alarm forget it. If you can trailer the car to the garage that would be beter than towing it, I also think the trafic law now states that all cars towed must be by a fixed link and not a rope, so you need a towing system to travel any distance.

The brakes will work per say but you wont have any power assistance and will be hard to stop, the pedal will be solid.

What you spend on the repair will pay back in less time overall and trouble overall I think.

Mate it has activated the immobilisers by the sounds of it. I did a similar thing a while back and phoned Green flag (my breakdown cover at the time). It only took them 5 minutes and 2 scotch locks to bypass the immobilisers.

Are you with AA, RAC or anyone because they would be able to get it running again then you can sort the alarm later.

CC 300 are more trouble then they are worth.... and they are very expensive.

Mine also used to go off in the rain, I lubricated the little sensor thingy and that sorted out the problem.

I got an instruction manual with my alarm that indicated that a certain number of beebs meant something was amis....eg 2 beebs meant that a door wasnt closed properly or 7 beebs meant that some one had tried to break in etc.

I have just looked for the manual but seemed to have misplaced it.

If as Gareth has suggested.. that the immobolisers have been activted then you should have been given a code to be able to de-activate them ?? A number of presses on the litlle black button in the car near the led??????

Hope this may be of some use to you ... good luck.

Calisto.

Thank you everyone one for your replies :D

I have all the documents and valet codes for the car... unfortunately the day after I cut the cable, I think it may have run the Battery dead. As when I tried entering the code nothing in the car seemed to have any electricity running through it, I tried reconnecting the alarm as it has 4 different colour cables... one blue, black, yellow, and red... i think :wacko:

still absloutely no response. I am a member of the AA but im not sure they will come out to my home to check the car... Ill call them today, its a catergory 1 thatcham alarm thingy :P ... if all else fails ill get the company who fitted the alarm to have a look, they will be charging me a minimum £80...

(I don't want to use them as they are rude to customers for some reason... when you walk into their store it seems they feel you have trespassed or something!)

Anyways any more ideas welcome!

Thank you everyone for you help :thumbsup: