Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

High Pitched Noise From Rear Wheels ?

stanster30

I get a high pitched noise that I think is coming from drivers side rear wheel. It starts after about 15 minutes driving and I think its a wheel bearing.

The noise however does disappear on braking and on some steering manoeuvres ?

Any one else had this on a CTS/ Corolla ?

Don't really want to go to a main dealer for an expensive diagnosis.

Ta

Stan

:thumbsup:

Block the front wheels and jack the car up then with the handbrake off just try rocking the wheel, if there is slight play or it seems a bit rough when you spin the wheel it is more than likely the bearing, try both sides though because noise transfer can make it sound like somewhere else :thumbsup:

Les

I get a high pitched noise that I think is coming from drivers side rear wheel. It starts after about 15 minutes driving and I think its a wheel bearing.

Ta

Stan

from what you describe pretty sure its the brake pads worn low if im right i think their is a small metal clip that is designed to give a noise to let you know the pads are low the clip will be just touching the disc .its instead of having a warning light .remedy is wheels of and check pads and replace if necc :thumbsup:

Ta

Stan

from what you describe pretty sure its the brake pads worn low if im right i think their is a small metal clip that is designed to give a noise to let you know the pads are low the clip will be just touching the disc .its instead of having a warning light .remedy is wheels of and check pads and replace if necc :thumbsup:

Thanks Folks, I'll have a look this weekend.

can anyone recommend an independent garage in NWK ?

Thanks Folks, I'll have a look this weekend.

can anyone recommend an independent garage in NWK ?

HI MY FRIEND HAD THE SAME PROB TWO WEEKS AGO

TOYOTA CHANGED FRONT PADS AND DISCS BUT STILL SAME PROB

TOYOTA THEN SAID BACK NEEDED REPLACING AND ITS DONE THE JOB!!!BUT COST ME 103 £££££££ HOPE THIS SOME HELP BAZ T

Mine did the same, it was the rear discs and pads - the mechanic showed me the old discs and they were in a proper bad state!

Mine did the same, it was the rear discs and pads - the mechanic showed me the old discs and they were in a proper bad state!

Yep mine did the same as well after approx 14K miles. 3 visits to the garage later and i got new discs and pads. Fortunately still under warranty so didn't have to fork out for the parts or labour

My front pads make this noise, so I figured either the brakes were worn, or the callipers are dirty and the brake pads are sticking. I had mine checked, and pads are okay, but Toyota wanted over £100 to clean calliper, even though it was under warranty.

I think the Toyota disks aren't the best quality, they rust very easily, even when I keep it in the garage. Resulting in using more break pad to remove the fresh rust when I start driving again.

I noticed an earlier posting on replacing brakes, looks pretty good, so will use this when mine need replaced.

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=56738

Although, I'm pretty sure if you upgrade your breaks you have to tell your insurance company, this will no doubt result in an increase in premium. :(

Note: worn wheel bearings will make a low rumbling noise when you go round a corner.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links