Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fitting An Amp

deep2007

My mrs wants a system in her yaris, n keeps moaning......she wants to keep the standard headunit as its got a CD changer under it. Is the best way to connect RCA cables to use the adaptors you get from Halfords which turn speaker wires into an RCA connection?will there be wires for the rear so i can tap of that,as she dont have rear Speakers so im not sure.cheers. :D

Na you will need to run speaker wires from the front! Only four outputs on that standard system running the 2 dash and 2 door Speakers! Can get a green Wiring loom from Toyota which allows you to run both dash and door from the front output without splicing which means you can then run wire from the free outputs from the stereo to the amp's high level inputs, or if it only has low level inputs you'll get that high to low level signal convertor you mentioned :thumbsup: Still much better off getting a new Headunit for sound quality, features and the added power from better amp within the unit :thumbsup: Specially if she wants a better overall "system"!

Ok, so you wanna put a sub in the boot... Doing that without upgrading the front Speakers or headunit is really a bit of a waste of time. for not much money (i.e. a couple of hundred quid) you could get a decent amp and sub, a nice pair of front Speakers and a good headunit. A sub on its own with the gash front Speakers an HU wont sound good as the quality of the front speakers suck and they provide most of the important sound mid treble etc

When wiring the Amp, whats the easiest way i can feed the wires from inside the car to the Battery? Im a bit confused on where to wire it from, and where it comes out :P Sorry if ive come barging in! :lol:

Cheers

The grommet on the side of the engine bay nearest the Battery. Cut a small slit in the grommet above where the wiring goes through and pull the wires through there. It comes out behind the glovebox kind of area! Very easy to get to if you don't have aircon, much harder if you do! I do have aircon so settle for wiring from Battery to undeneath passenger footwell where there are grommets in the floor under the carpet which i brang mine up through.

Hope that helps!

Well, i do have air con, :P *Dam it!* basically, Its a bit fiddly to get wires in from the front. I havnt done anything myself just yet, but just looking at it puts me off! haha...

So your saying if i lift up the passenger carpet, i will find some sort of rubber fing wiv a hole in it, (or if not, cut a gap) and thats where i will feed my wires through :)

thats what i did but apparently it isn't the best idea :P Had mine like that for over 6 months now though with no drama's aslong as you are careful where the cable runs and that it doesnt drag on the floor obv!

Lol.. i could give it a try! You think its best if i ask the Toyota guys at the Garage? The tech guys should know where bouts the wires go :)

The other question was, if i cut a hole, wont water leak in? Like if i went over loads of big puddles for example :P

Mine still has the slit in the engine wiring loom and in the floor and i went through standing water that would have come in if it could! The grommets only require a small slit made in them and then pull the cable through. The rubber should be pretty tight around it tbh!

Hi Again! i got my subwoofer fitted now! :D It works and all, but....... My whole car Vibrates like **** LOL!

Ive set the levels now, but if i turn it up a little bit louder, then it fuzzes like hell. I noticed that its mainly inside the boot lid, and right where the two lights are above the two front seats.

Its quite annoying... lol.. anything that i could do to make it...chillout a bit :P

I could stick sum padding inside the boot lid, but i dont know what to do with the two lights in the front. i dont even know how to take them off.

Any tips or ideas? :)

Mine vibrates a bit but depends how bassy! Worst parts are around my doors as i think i may have broken a mounting for one of the screws when taking door cards off to change Speakers! Even worse that it's drivers side :( I'm gona use some dynamat extreme speaker kit, space the Speakers and maybe add some padding/sticky backed foam pads to stop the plastic rattling :thumbsup: I had to do that where my dash speaker grills meet the dash and underneath the rain cowel where the front wipers are as Apexi filter was making that buzz :P

Dont get dynamat its expensive, get sticky back roof flashing from B&Q its exactly the same as its designed for sound proofing houses and you get 10m by 50cm for £7 quid and for that in dynamat it would cost you over £100!

Sounds the nuts! put it on doors and boot today and nothing rattles and door Speakers seem to give more bass and rear wiper doesnt vibrate anymore :)

Na as would pull the sound staging too far backwards :thumbsup: Leave it with the 6*9s in the back as they should supply enough rear sound for your ears to be ok with it! Spesh as they the coaxial Type S 6*9s as means you still got some higher frequencies from back which is why you would add rear Speakers! Any more of these high frequencies (i.e. higher volume from amped speakers) would drag the sound staging (where your ears think the majority of sound comes from) backwards which is bad :thumbsup:

I was thinking about amping my 6x9's as well before, like SR Kid mentioned, but i thought it would have been a bit too much in the end.

I have a pair of the coaxial 6x9 Speakers too, but im getting more high frequencies at the back atm. I only have my door Speakers because i took my dash ones out. Worth getting Tweeters? the 6x9's i already got are good enough anyway, so im thinking theres no point.... but tweeters are good :P