Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Retrim

Yaris_Tsport

Hey all right basically i am goning to start retimming my seats soon and just can not decide on a colour/colours to have my seats and door cards???

My tsport is black and i sort of have decided on black leather already but cant decide on a second colour???

red???

yellow????

green???

Blue???

thinking black on the edges more so i can put a toyota Badge in the head in red.Not going to have full leather as its too cold to have it all leather interior.

Any suggestions???? or pics or interior???

i am also thinking black on edges and red down the back and on the seat and then top stitching along the seams in red and putting toyota logo on headrest????? or T-SPORT on the head rests.

Better start praticing my top stitching lol

heres a pic of my old car interiors i have done

05da43e6.jpg

75c55a18.jpg

DSC00965.jpg

IMGP0179.jpg

Red - then they will look like the leather seats in the Corolla TS and Compressor :thumbsup:

They look mint :drool::drool::drool:

*Have a look in the CTS section for pics

Tbh as PIMP as the leather is I wouldn't recommend retrimming the seats.

I personally think they are a bit slidey as I tend to push the car quite hard and there not really that supportive.

I am thinking about changing them myself.

Recommend getting 2 bucket seats in the front and removing rear seats :thumbsup:

HINT my seats might be up for sale in the future, don't know when though :o

The trevor is rubbish, I fall out Burnies seats when I'm in his car! They're pretty pimp though I suppose! :thumbsup:

LOL you had a french car!

Nice seats tho!

yep i did mate whata mistakea ta makea!!! lol i had a 106 and a 206 and before the 206 i had a starlet which i regret selling so much. :crybaby::crybaby:

I aint gonna remove rear seats as i use my car to go places with friends. :thumbsup:

As for the material side i am only going to use leather on the sides of the seats. The centers i will proberly use a material which is not cold like leather is when you get in on a cold day lol. :blink:

Was at work today and looked at yellow leather and think that might look good with black??? :drool::huh:

But still top of the list is Red and black as that matchs the tsport theme on my car so............best i keep thinking. plus i have covered the false floor in the boot red already so maybe that will push me towards red and black

Have you thought about buying bucket seats with fabric centre and leather sides. BRIDE do some nice ones but are pricey but will give you better support. Its all a case of what you want and how much money you are will to spend at the end of the day.

These are BRIDE ERGO II Leather series around £400 each

http://www.bride-jp.com/kakudai/rec/d_e11ahr.gif

http://www.bride-jp.com/kakudai/rec/d_e11aar.gif

http://www.bride-jp.com/kakudai/rec/d_e11arr.gif

:drool:

I reckon black with red suede (spelling) red in the middle of the seat and top half of the doors, keep it simple tho otherwise it'll look too chavy

Have you thought about buying bucket seats with fabric centre and leather sides. BRIDE do some nice ones but are pricey but will give you better support. Its all a case of what you want and how much money you are will to spend at the end of the day.

These are BRIDE ERGO II Leather series around £400 each

http://www.bride-jp.com/kakudai/rec/d_e11ahr.gif

http://www.bride-jp.com/kakudai/rec/d_e11aar.gif

http://www.bride-jp.com/kakudai/rec/d_e11arr.gif

:drool:

bucket seats would be good but i am doing the retrim myself as thats what i do and that mean i dont have to pay labour cost :thumbsup:

jrampton yeah thats what i am thinking i want it to look smart not chavy. Wanna make it look like the car came with it as standard

Your clearly very talented at what you do! Some nice previous trims there! I would make sure it follows the existing design of the seats and just change the colour of panels in that design if you want it to look standard (i hope that makes sense :P)

I would have black leather bolsters with black alcantara squab and backrest centres myself. Mmmm...

Burnie/Ryan do you know any retrimmers in the Glasgow/Ayrshire/Lanarkshire area? 'd like to get the back seat retrimmed in the T-Sport covers from the second set of (Jap) rear seats I have.

:thumbsup:

A

Your clearly very talented at what you do! Some nice previous trims there! I would make sure it follows the existing design of the seats and just change the colour of panels in that design if you want it to look standard (i hope that makes sense :P)

thanks mate and yeah thats what i have in mind just copying the same patterns again.

Burnie/Ryan do you know any retrimmers in the Glasgow/Ayrshire/Lanarkshire area? 'd like to get the back seat retrimmed in the T-Sport covers from the second set of (Jap) rear seats I have.

I'll ask about Alan! :thumbsup:

If you really want a good look, forget the tacky colours, red, blue, yellow and silverish. White leather, cream leather, tan leather, light black leather and dark black leather are the only things that will actually look good for more than a day or two, because you'll grow tired of fancy rice quite soon. I would go with a really light colour in the middle and black on the sides, or light black velour or suede in the centre, and dark leather on the sides.

Drop all fancy stuff, because as I said, it'll be much like the 2F2F-style, you grow tired of red and blue a lot easier than original.. It's like ****** your pants in cold weather, it'll get warmer at first, then you'll freeze to death, and it's the same with "fancy" colours, it will be cool for a nanosecond.

Plus, try make the Yaris more of a car and less of a toy car. Just my two cents, of course, do whatever you want. But if you are going to spend a lot of money to do it properly, don't rush out with the coolest thing right now, or the coolest thing in your head, go with the most discreet choice, because of resale and because it's irritating if you've rushed out to pay for something that costs £500 to £1000 that you are tired of in half a year.

Eirik

Hey mate you should go for black leather on the edges with black alcantara in the middle with Red thick stitching. Very nice!

Brad =)

If you really want a good look, forget the tacky colours, red, blue, yellow and silverish. White leather, cream leather, tan leather, light black leather and dark black leather are the only things that will actually look good for more than a day or two, because you'll grow tired of fancy rice quite soon. I would go with a really light colour in the middle and black on the sides, or light black velour or suede in the centre, and dark leather on the sides.

Drop all fancy stuff, because as I said, it'll be much like the 2F2F-style, you grow tired of red and blue a lot easier than original.. It's like ****** your pants in cold weather, it'll get warmer at first, then you'll freeze to death, and it's the same with "fancy" colours, it will be cool for a nanosecond.

Plus, try make the Yaris more of a car and less of a toy car. Just my two cents, of course, do whatever you want. But if you are going to spend a lot of money to do it properly, don't rush out with the coolest thing right now, or the coolest thing in your head, go with the most discreet choice, because of resale and because it's irritating if you've rushed out to pay for something that costs £500 to £1000 that you are tired of in half a year.

Eirik

i actually had thought of having a tan leather with a cream leather to go for the classy look but am unsure weather it would suit the yaris???but still toying with what will look good. i have loads of off cuts of leather at work so i will chuck some bits in the car and see what they look like.

I will try and do a step by step progress on the seats when i retrim them and also do a guide for covering the door inserts.

Hey mate you should go for black leather on the edges with black alcantara in the middle with Red thick stitching. Very nice!

Brad =)

Yeah thats a idea. had not thought of black in the centers too ;) will keep that in mind cheers dude