Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gearbox Tapping

Yaris_Tsport

Hey all i done a search but found nothin but i have noticed a tapping noise coming from my gearbox tonight and it goes away when the clutch is engaged????the noise is not there when i first start the car but is after a jorney???any ideas. am gonna check gearbox oil tomorrow see maybe if that is low????

You sure it is coming from the gearbox? Does it go when you rev the engine a little bit? What mods does your car have?

standard mate when i pulled up to my house i opened my door and noticed the noise so put my foot on the clutch and it went away but yeah if i rev it a tiny bit the noise goes away. what you thinking it might be?

My standard exhaust sometimes rattles within the exhaust mounts and stops when i rev it or put my foot on the exhaust :P (Adam's did/does rattle against the rear bumper) Also putting the clutch in may put the extra strain on the engine/more gas flow to stop it? Just a thought and worth a try!

is it like a rattling noise? quite fast?

quickish all i know is it goes away when i press the clutch and i can only hear it when the car is idle.

i am online whats your msn

The trouble with exchanging information on MSN is that all other forum users do not get a chance to see what the problem/solution is.

It would be a good idea to post a synopsis of the MSN conversations on here so that ALL club members could benefit from your observations :thumbsup:

i know what i have gotta do to fix it but i cant explain what it fix's lol. hopefully thel337 will explain what it adjusts to fix the problem

Alright there,

My car makes this noise also, when the clutch is engaged and the car is out of gear, depressing the clutch pedal seems to get rid. Not sure what it is, although I suspect its wear on the clutch engagement rings or something; my GS is 7 years old and done nearly 102 k miles, so I’m not that surprised!

Not helpful I know, but how many mile has urs done?

Oh, and the alternator makes a kinda whirring noise, especially when the engine is warm, maybe thats another one.