Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Brake Pads Gone Again

benkj14

I have had to replace my brake pads 3 times in the last 5months, this seems abit excessive to me, I am very heavy on my brakes, but can there be anther reason why they are wearing away so quick ?.

Yes, you are very heavy on your brakes!

There's no way you should be going through them at that rate. :eek:

Seriously, have you had the brakes checked?

Yes, its been recommended by Toyota that I get new discs. But in there report they were in the amber section not red, can’t see how this would affect the pads thought.

If your disks are knackered and i dont think yours are that bad by what your saying you will go through brake pads quickly - but even still thats excessive.

You dont drive with your foot catching the brake pedal do you? Either that or your calipers are seriously seized - do you feel the car struggles under acceleration?

I don’t drive with my foot on the brake, but about the callipers, I have thought that my car is having trouble accelerating recently, I thought that was just me getting bored with it, how would I check them ?.

I have like no knowledge with cars lol.

get the brakes hot , jack each wheel up 1 at a time and spin em by hand , they should turn fairly effortlessly , if the are hard to spin OR HAVE A HIGH POINT ON THEM then the calipers may be binding or the discs are warped. HTH

Any one have a rough idea, how much new discs, pads and calipers would cost?

about 170 quid _________________________________ www.brakesinternational.co.uk

If you get new pads get EBC Greenstuff pads, helped my brakes no end and should last a hell of alot longer!

That's a crazy rate to go through brake pads! I have driven my car with very heavy braking at times for a good session of spirited driving and am very impressed with the wear rate of the pads! I keep thinking they are low due to a slight squeak i get when braking but i keep taking the wheels off and checking and still above the wear indicator! I would definately agree with the binding caliper and i think a few peeps have had this problem before? Are both pads wearing at the same rate? Does the car verve under braking? Get a garage to look at both calipers. If they are binding may not be a full replacement needed!