Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How Low Can I Go?

wizzbit

I have a set of 17" wheels, PCD 4x100, ET 38 with 205/40/17 tyres. I have a standard 1.3 Yaris... How much can I lower the car before encountering any problems, e.g. wheels catching? I'm looking to lower it 30mm... Will this be ok?

I had 17s on a 30 mill drop, they came on the car when i brought it, couldn't wait to get them off, much more sluggish and used to scrap the arches all the time over bumps in the road

Yip he is right i am lowered 30mm on 17s :( it scrubs like a b**ch when i have passengers , but it looks good , i prefer the big wheels to the smaller ones :P , and it handles well cause me wheels are nice and wide ! ! !

I will post a photo later if ya like ;)

I want 16's or coilovers! what do you think is best?

As i already have springs if i got struts would it make it lower?

I recommend keeping wheels to 15" (16" MAX) but thats just personal opinion, however I would advise against 17's there simply too big for the car and rub the arches. Better to have a lowered car with adequate sized wheels with good handling.

15's are cheaper to buy, cheaper for tyres and generally lighter as well

But each to their own

Its the springs that determine the ride height therefore GET COILIES :P

TEIN FTMFW

Got them and loving the difference in performance they make B)

t seen as i got the wheels for free i just thought y not. As for the handerling it feels great with them on, it just rolls the car that is which is y i wanted to lower it. I have seen a set of apexi shocks and springs for £200 so thought that was a bargin.

Dude 16" with coilovers :wacko: Will fit the arches amazingly well! The optimum compromise between performance and style imo! Struts don't affect height at all mate as they only go across the struts so i'm guessing you meant to say shocks? In which case i believe if they are made with a lower platform on the shock then standard then they will add some lowering (only a little bit though and it's only a "i think")

Lol yeah meant shocks!

I want to fill arches more really, so yeah was just wondering if i got shocks as i already have decent springs if it would go lower?

If not then coilies would be way forward!

Cheers for help guys!