Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota Dealer Reviews

SMW

Regarding this, Kings Toyota (Winchester) closed on the 22nd Dec 06, it's moved to

Kings Toyota (Hedge End)

Snows House, Botley Road

Hedge End

Southampton

Hampshire

SO30 2RA

Tel: 01489 799820

Fax: 01489 775049

Could this be added to the list as it's now my nearest.. Going there for 50000/5 year service

sometime in the next few months so maybe I'll post a review! ;)

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I posted a review of St Leonards Toyota (5*****) on Saturday 23rd Feb. I know the Dealer Reviews are now moderated, but I'm getting concerned you haven't received it. How long does it take to appear?

The review began: "We visited several dealers whilst looking for a new 4x4 ... ."

Needless to say we are now owners of a new RAV4 and very pleased with it too!

Thanks,

1Km

This feature is something I am very keen to promote. We have received two very poor reviews (one star) which I have no problem with, as it is a true indication of how a customer felt regarding their experience. I would like to see the reviews moderated, as one person mentioned a salesman by name on one of our reviews and called him a slimeball :eek: An ex slimeball would be a true use of the word, as he no longer works for us, however I'm sure that person would not want to see his name in print forever, I think it may have some legal implications.

I would ask, be honest and objective, try not to mention individual names, good or bad, people may not want their name on a forum forever, and just give an honest opinion of the service/prices/overall experience. Anybody using our services from this forum, are asked to fill out a dealer review as a matter of course

ADMINS

Would it be possible to review the dealer list, there may be some dealers that need adding/removing

Kingo :thumbsup:

This feature is something I am very keen to promote. We have received two very poor reviews (one star) which I have no problem with, as it is a true indication of how a customer felt regarding their experience. I would like to see the reviews moderated, as one person mentioned a salesman by name on one of our reviews and called him a slimeball :eek: An ex slimeball would be a true use of the word, as he no longer works for us, however I'm sure that person would not want to see his name in print forever, I think it may have some legal implications.

I would ask, be honest and objective, try not to mention individual names, good or bad, people may not want their name on a forum forever, and just give an honest opinion of the service/prices/overall experience. Anybody using our services from this forum, are asked to fill out a dealer review as a matter of course

ADMINS

Would it be possible to review the dealer list, there may be some dealers that need adding/removing

Kingo :thumbsup:

Hi Kingo,

Just checking back to see if this review has been uploaded and saw your post. I'd have to agree with almost everything you say.

This part of the TOC was useful to me in identifying a dealer in the South East, but the low numbers and infrequency of the reviews posted means it is not going to be objective. I just used it as one of many research tools in deciding to buying a Toyota RAV4 rather than the unmentionable H***a. I posted my review because it seems only right to put back something into a community that I've gained from, but how to encourage others ... ?

Perhaps the following:

1. To access the review section of the board, it should be necessary to register.
  2. 4-8 weeks following a member's access to the review section, an email is sent to the member with a link to a survey form. This should be quick to complete, but with an option to post a full review and comments.

As to naming individuals , this should never happen without their permission; I asked. I don't see the harm in mentioning someone that - in my option - offered us exceptional service, and I had hoped thereby to make my review more objective. It is individuals, not companies, that provide exceptional service and there is good and bad in both categories. However, I know you are a major contributor to this board and I would have no objection to having the name removed, if that is the agreed protocol. I had assumed that's what the moderators would do anyway if there was a problem. :banned:

Finally, yes the reviews do need to be turned over every 12-24 months.

Thanks to you and everyone else who has posted good advice on this forum. I've managed to answer quite a few questions both pre- and post-purchase on a pretty impressive vehicle.

1km