Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris, What Does It Mean?

Black Knight

I know it's a derivation from the latin Aurum for gold with the yarIS/avensIS ending to it.

Has anybody actually checked the latin for Auris though? :)

He He..................I use my aurii (Auris's) to keep my spectacles on B) ;)

the basic translation means quality, value etc hence the gold colour on the concept. got the word its taken from somewhere on an internal news letter, ill see if i can find it

look carefully at the tv adverts when it comes on, certain things have a gold touch to them

thats the word. and thats the meaning (first one)

Hi

Below is an extract from the Auris press pack:

New model, new name

Noble qualities of gold - Aurum

Toyota created a new name for its new C-segment hatchback – one that would be easy to

pronounce in all European languages and at the same time bring to life the product concept.

The answer was Auris. It has resonance with other successful Toyota models, Yaris and Avensis,

and will help change potential customers’ perceptions of Toyota in the C-segment.

Auris portrays the character within the car. Based on the Latin word ‘aurum’, for gold, Auris

creates a sense of precious and noble qualities that have a high value. The two first letter of

the new name “AU” are also the chemical symbol of gold. Creating a new name for the new car was a key priority for us,” explains Andrea Formica.

“In order to achieve our step change in volume growth in Europe, we needed to change

people’s perceptions of our C-segment hatchback. We believe we have succeeded, the main

spontaneous reactions from people were the words: futuristic, high class and attractive. These

words perfectly match our brand DNA.”

Andy

Exactly, however since they corrupted the word Aurum to Auris what they've unintentionally done is call it the "Ear" :)

Exactly, however since they corrupted the word Aurum to Auris what they've unintentionally done is call it the "Ear" :)

Indeed. Seems to me that they've made a bit of a "Porcus Auris" of the name. :D

Andy

• 5 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links