Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Ngk Plug Change For Ee111

J&A

I own a 1998 Corolla 1.3 which is about to undergo a service. The standard plug for this car is an NGK BKR5EKB-11, but I was wondering whether anyone had fitted the "equivalent" NGK Iridium plugs (The BKR5EIX-11) instead? The reason I am unsure is that the standard plug has twin ground electrodes, though I don't know why this is so- they look really similar to the "anti-whisker" plugs fitted to ancient 2-stroke bikes! The Iridium plug has just one ground electrode- will this cause any problems with regards to running, catalyst condition, etc? Given the small price difference and extended service life I'd really like to give these Iridiums a go, so can anyone advise me?

thanks,

Jon

i am actually on the look out for ngk sparks and i was actually looking at their web site yesterday, according to their guide(http://www.ngkpartfinder.co.uk/buyers_guide_search.php?type=SPARK%20PLUGS&stock=5464), the BKR5EIX-11 are for honda cars, now im on expert in these things so im not sure if they would work if you stuck them on your car. but then on the other hand fensport (http://www.fensport.co.uk/parts.htm) sell ngk spark plugs (TRD & blitz too!), both platinum and Iridium ones so there bound to be some for the e11! maybe give them a shout and see what they say!

hope that helped a bit! :D let me know what you decide to go for in the end.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links