Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Uks First Turbo'd T-sport

Kerby

Has anybody else ever seen a stripped, track-ready, turbo equipped yaris before in their life? If you have, did it have full racing roll-cage, racing seats, racing harness, steering wheel? And if it had all that, could the owner claim he'd done ALL the work himself? And if he could had he equipped it with tein's best suspension available for the yaris? Had he driven it on the 'ring? Had he destroyed a toyota-tuned turbo Yaris whilst his was still N/A tuned on said 'ring?

Chris is applicable to all of the above, plus he's helped me fit stuff to my car as he has to countless others, and not once has anything gone wrong or resembled a skip.

It just seems a sad state of affairs that the same prig who would insult a true work of engineering, imagination and uniqueness is the same sort of prig who could provoke such a reaction from friends of chris and admirers of his car. It's the same sort of person who's aided in the slump of this forum, and the same sort of person im sure nobody would like the displeasure of meeting.

sounds like a nice usefull guy.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• T V O R

• tehl337

• dawesy

• Tom.B

well heres mine 10pence. i like the car and have alot of respect for him. done alot to his car which others would not even dream about.

Was it mag featured>???i seem to remember seeing it on a cover of a mag?

Hum, seams like there is alot of contraversy concerning this lil turbo yari.

I think its a good thing but will reserve the ultimate judgment till i can line up next to chris at the pod once mine finally... eventually gets finished.

btw mine will be resurecting a dead yari so no need to worry about me "trashing a t-sport".

i like the roll cage but its not widenough on the rear and doesn't conect to the suspension?!?

overall i like it and really want to see this thing go.

Let the battle commense =P

Brad =)

God i love this website!! :P

So do I... :lol:

remember that if TVOR , whoever they are, didnt like the car ALL THEY HAD TO DO WAS CLICK BACK AND MOVE ON TO THE NEXT TOPIC

And if you don’t like what you read then do the same... :thumbsup:

i remember when yaris on 18s put pictures up of his car, he was told it should

be pushed off a cliff amongst other comments.

TVOR insulted that too, but at that time people were giving him the :thumbsup: and

were laughing at his comments.

Yaris2.jpg

Yaris1.jpg

Now now, you are putting words into my mouth. I never said that this beauty should be pushed off a cliff, but saying that, it’ll be the only way he’ll improve his 0 to 60 time :yes:

On a positive note at least this place has livened up a bit due to a remark about a car! I should criticize people’s motors more often :D It does wonders for the viewing figures :yes:

I’ve had to hire a body guard due to the death threats, I’ll bill TOC :help:

You’ll miss me when I’m gone :crybaby:

Actually, fair point... 1st decent debate iv seen in a while. Bit of controvosy never hurt anybody.

At least he's got the nuts to do something a bit different! :thumbsup:

remember that if TVOR , whoever they are, didnt like the car ALL THEY HAD TO DO WAS CLICK BACK AND MOVE ON TO THE NEXT TOPIC

And if you don’t like what you read then do the same... :thumbsup:

Now that would have been ignorant as you asked for replies...

Is it only me that thinks this car is a complete disaster?

Just to keep this good old antagonism going... :D

I think all Yaris are ****, full stop...

*Sits back and delves in to fatboy sized popcorn... :D

I think all Yaris are ****, full stop...

LOL me too! What idiots would buy a toyota yaris?! :D

TVOR has one..........................

i rest my case :lol:

IMHO Toyota need a decent sports car to keep up with the evos and subaru. So in them killing the beloved celica without even going out on a swansong with a turbo is pure travesty. The mr2 has gone too. I for one am gutted as the gen 5 celicas were and still are great cars. gen 6 too the mr2s sheer class as well.

So a bloke keeping the good name of toyota building a beasty that appears in magazines and places such as youtube is surely good for all toyota owners? .....plus all those that mod these cars to crazy specs. I for one love to see these at the pod beating cars that people "presume" will win.

I remember seeing the starlet (purple one) at the pod totally kill a scooby a skyline and an evo on the quarter mile.....brought a grin to my face

Viva la toyato ppl boys and girls that do these mods as end of the day must really knock down the people with run of the mill souped up big motors .

Also the majority do it on the track not the roads so again how many members/ex ones modding the car as it should be as in the engine not the outside and ending up killing themselves or others? ......not many ,also going back on a previous post these cars DO need to be road legal as most DO drive theirs to the shows/meets.

His is road legal ......soon to be the first turboed one and even if I hated the guy (which I dont) I would say fair play to the amount of time it must take to get a car up to that spec.

If people disagree fair play A nice looking car or a fast one....choice is yours you have opinions but this is kind of a hybrid which others may follow.

If hed stuck stupid lexus lights on it and a daft exhaust and m5 mirrors etc id be like ooooook maybe not, but he has gone for mods which with the engine do make sense .such as full strip interior etc. Look at other sites see fast 1/4 cars...theyre stripped out with a cage (which yes does slow the car but for safety is a must) .

There you go my two pence. made a fast car but also made it safe for track use .which was his plan

:thumbsup:

What a waste of a good Yaris, shame it has been butchered... :eek:

btw mine will be resurecting a dead yari so no need to worry about me "trashing a t-sport".

It would have been a waste of a yaris had he not spent any money on it, he also rescued his yaris - he bought a crash damaged yaris and rebuilt it , to a much better spec i think most people will agree , so i think the word 'wasted' was an unwise choice ;)

Earpl = Legend! :thumbsup:

Debatable...

:nono:

you ever met him?

He was my old sparring partner on here long before you joined :thumbsup:

Them were the days ;)

all im saying is dont pass judgement on someone you havent met :) i dont. people can be a lot better.... or worse.... in real life than when their sat in front of a computer.

This has livened up TOC, the yaris on 18's was before my time and in my opinion looks a bit rubbish but if other people like it then fair play

Same goes to show for Earpl's beast, i think its good to try something different but some people believe he has butchered a good car as it keeps breaking!

This has livened up TOC, the yaris on 18's was before my time and in my opinion looks a bit rubbish but if other people like it then fair play

You bet! Better than talking about which way the bog roll goes and headrests up or down (that was my gem before you correct me)

I don’t think anyone liked Yaris on 18’s (which went to 19’s some time ago and is now probably in the 20’s)

What amazes me is how emotional people get over a comment on a car, what sad lives we lead.

Really didn't know that Earpls yaris was a crash damaged one.

I have more respect for him then ever now.

so in my opinion no matter what he had done to the car resurecting one from the grasps of the scrap yard has got to hold a certain amount of respect, and he has done to the car what he wants and what he feels is best for the car so well done!

oh and as for the what sad lives we lead......

SO TRUE! lol we are all sad lol

Oh well =P

Brad =)

has only broken once i belive and that was the crank pully that worked loose.

plus what are you trying to say i will be on the third rebuild in the rolla, when you push the bounderys things will break its a form of R&D

Really didn't know that Earpls yaris was a crash damaged one.

I have more respect for him then ever now.

It was only minor damage that would polish out...

crash.jpg

:D

Do you save all these pictures or something? :blink:

Noticed you put them all in your photobucket

Do you save all these pictures or something? :blink:

Noticed you put them all in your photobucket

Yeap! Along with names, reg numbers, phone numbers locations email address’s, everything Matthew :thumbsup:

People, places, the things they do and the times they do it, it's called behavioral profiling.

Some people just do stupid things, I had to tell Emma once to get her home address off the net, she had put her post code in Auto Trader and posted the link on line.

Remember that Peridot? :huh: