Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris Cd Changer

mitten1.0

Hey All!

My mum has a toyota corrolla estate (1998) with a cd changer installed under the seat. She never uses it and so i thought I could maybe remove it and then install it in to the standard radio/cassette head unit in my yaris (we're toyota mad in my house!) which is a 2002 model. Would anbody know if this is possible? Would any new wires be needed and how much would they cost? I was told by a friend that the trip and mpg screen would no longer work if I did this as it would have to be unplugged and so the only possible way would be to buy a new cd changer compatible head unit for my yaris (which I would not be able to afford!!!).

Please Help!!

Many Thanks

Mark

I'm sure all the cd changers are compatable with each vehicle, it would cost toyota too much to develop a new one for each vehicle.

I don't have one fitted so i'm not 100% sure, but someone else will know.

and your trip and mpg screen will still work, these still work when fitting an aftermarket headunit, as the cd changer will only fit into the original headunit, the trip/mpg screen is a seperate unit.

It's about 15-20mins work to get the dash off to plug it in and try it, take it out of the corolla and try it.

If your going to upgrade the stereo you might consider replacing your yaris stereo with an MP3 player, i have a USB MP3 player in mine so depending on the size of your usb device you can store a load of albums on it and you won't need to change the CD's :thumbsup:

Thanks for your replies, but will I not need some sort of an adapter because there are no free sockets in the back of the yaris head unit that I could plug the cd changer in to. Any ideas??

I've never fitted one, so couldn't tell you.

If no one replies just pop to toyota and ask, they won't charge you for asking (not yet anyway)

• 1 month later...

Sorry about the late reply, but yeah there is an adapter on the lead for connecting the cd changer. Thanks for ur help!