Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Need Help Guys

ROSSMC

Hey guys , ive got a 04 plate Yaris, 1.3 wti T3 and looking to maybe add an induction kit although not quite sure what one to go for! lookin for a relatively low priced one around £100, anyone got any suggestions//links? Cheers

If your engine inlet is on right hand side of engine then an apexi or a K&N typhoon kit is what you want!

I have K&N and sounds the nuts!

www.envyperformance.com do a good non oiled filter aswell, relocating to bottom of front bumper like K&N, the apexi one is in a rubbish place to be honest unless you relocate it!

cheers man is it expensive? also does a back box give the car any better sound, thinking bout getting 1 not sure thoo if its worth while

also do you reccomend pipercross or powertec induction kits!

Between £100 and £200 new for them kits, just look for second hand one mate!

Back box gives a nice sound if you get a jap one, universal ones sound rubbish, so i would go custom or jap tbh.

Pipercross kits are good in my opinion, but are an oiled filter so could mess up maf sensor but mine hasnt yet or anyone i no!

Never had experience with powertec!

cheers not sure wot to get thenn, want something tht wont cause any disruption to the enginee and does it afffect your fuel consumption?

If You have 1.3 P2 (which you do) the best kit is the Greddy :) Search for it and you'll get some pics! Bout 150 ish i think but looks the part! The others may not fit yours so be sure to check! The apexi and K&n wont fit ures :(

you can get apexi's for the 1.3 i thought? you can definitely get the k&n for the 1.3, and the powertec, pipercross and greddy.

www.europerformance.co.uk usually have a good lot of air filters, go have a look there.

yeh its on the right hand side as you look at it, does it affect your fuel consumption? i will have a look at all the ones suggested n see wot i like best for the price dont want to spend too much...

all the ones on www.europerformance.co.uk seem to be 1.0L practically, is there much difference between the 1.0l and the 1.3l??

Yeah but you have the inlet manifold on the rear not the front which is what these (Apexi and K&n) induction kits are made for :thumbsup: I'm pretty sure 1 litre induction kits fit the Phase 2 1.3 whereas Phase 1 1.3's use the Tsport induction kits!

Definally a 1 litre induction kit wil fit mate!

Doesnt really affect fuel consumption tbh! only small engines!

thanks mate, think i might go for the powertec 1 then...

Also any websites for backboxes and do they affect fuel consumptions!

Are universal back boxes any good or would a custom 1 be better? how much more costly is a custom 1?

universal backbox won't fit directly as the car has an odd shape exhaust piping over the rear axle.

Custom exhausts are just universal backboxes.

prices vary whether you just want a backbox or a cat back exhaust.

I've got my old exhaust from my 1.3 yaris blue which was a custom exhaust, it's a cat back and should fit yours cost £400 made & fitted.

If your interested send us a pm, i've got pics somewhere

im hoping just to get a back box dont want full system due to high costs! also would anyone reccomend if gettin the extra cold air feed for the powertec induction kit at £17.99 is worth it or it is unneccesary?

universal back boxes are the same as any other back box, they just dont have the mounting hangers but its easy to make your own out of threaded bar, and you cut the pipe off the old back box and weld it onto the universal one, so it fits over the axle and bolts up to the original pipe.

Sure, the cheapo universal back boxes are ****ty but any reputable exhaust maker like magnex or remus will sell back boxes for "universal" fitting i.e. without the mounting hangers or link pipe.

there is a nice looking supersprint one with a boxster style tailpipe, and a remus one with single square outlet. theyre both on www.europerformance.co.uk

Cheers m8 i have found out another place in glasgow that does exhausts gony take a drive up on saturday and have a look to see what theyve got n prices etc! a would need to take it to a garage or something to fit it! dont want anything goin wrong if i dont no what im doing

wot about the powertec induction kit, do you neeed piping or something to move it away from the engine as it seems to be directly fitted to it ?

• 2 months later...

Cheers m8 i have found out another place in glasgow that does exhausts gony take a drive up on saturday and have a look to see what theyve got n prices etc! a would need to take it to a garage or something to fit it! dont want anything goin wrong if i dont no what im doing

wot about the powertec induction kit, do you neeed piping or something to move it away from the engine as it seems to be directly fitted to it ?

mate, ive just fitted my custom jap can exhaust system at Long Life exhausts in Leeds, cost me £300 and i love it!.. but i felt that their was something missing, so i walked into UNICAR, in Leeds (again) - baught me a Pipercross Induction Kit for my 1.3 ltr.. i fit it in myself, although im scared its just gona come off one day while im driving.. and how does it sound now, i hear you cry... IT SOUNDZ AMAAAAZIN!!!!. :thumbsup:

hope that answers your question, i baught my pipercross induction kit for £89 - dont care if its too much money, i felt the power, and the whole GROWL, and adrenalin.. big difference mate.

P.S - sorry if i seem too excited, i just fit the induction kit 10mins ago and took it for a test drive before i came here :yahoo:

got a powertec induction on mine, not overly loud but does sound well, ive got the TTE backbox aswel

does the powertec induction kit remove the airbox and relocate the filter?

And is it an oiled filter?

You got any pics :P

i saw a pic of a pipercross induction kit before and all you did was take the filter outa the airbox, remove the airbox snorkel and put the pipercross filter onto the end of the airbox where the snorkel is meant to connect.

Is that the way yours is?

x2 for pics, im thinking of getting an induction kit and want to see some fitted.

Ahh the Greddys are lovely, theyre the only one i actually have seen fitted to a 1.0 before! Theyre very dear though...

Does anyone have a pic of a powertec sl1 or a pipercross?

Cheers

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links