Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Major Service Prices After 1st April

Claire1983

Hi,

I rang my local Toyota dealers just after xmas to get quotes on a major service and got prices between £235-£265 (inc vat).

I have just rang them all back to book in for a major service in April and there prices are now between £305-£330 (inc vat).

Does anyone know if these prices sound ok and if they normally increase that much after 1st April??

Many thanks,

Claire

Just spoke to another Toyota garage and the girl said because my car was 4 years old they will do my service through a loyalty rewards scheme which takes the price down to around £150 inc vat/parts/labour.

BARGAIN!!!

Booked straight in. If anyone is due a service and has a car over 4yrs old ask your local Toyota garage if they do the loyalty rewards scheme.. its worth a try!

Claire

Wow thats a bargain, ill take mine else were tho as last service was nightmare at toyota, they are not very mod friendly to be honest!

Not sure exactly but I would imagine servicing costs would go up slightly around the new reg times purely to capitolise on those people who bought new reg immediately... so Sept/Oct and Mar/Apr they hike the prices up for servicing??

Just a guess though!

Also depends when they're sorting out their tax documents - I know alot of companies add to the price if they have worked out their finances for the year and have fallen short.

150 is still a complete rip.

The local mechanic i go to does a full major service for 60, and he's the best mechanic i have ever met in my life, ive seen him do some amazing work.

plus, they actually do a proper service. i left my yaris in to toyota for the very first service after running in cos it was free, and when i got it back i later discovered it had no air filter in the airbox.

i have been in and asked my local toyota dealer simple simple questions that anyone would know the answer to, and they didnt know.

also, one of my closest friends landed an apprenticeship at the local t dealer, and quit after a couple of months because the sheer level of incompetence was something he didnt want to be a part of. they didnt know what they were at..

it really is true that local mechanics are better.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links