Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Engine Warning Light, Code 25, Urgent Help!

YarisGLS

Dear all,

Been driving on the motorway today and the engine warning light came on all of a sudden. Following yvvan's great tip, I found the code reads "25"

Which is:

Oxygen sensor indicates a lean mixture for several seconds

No continuity from oxygen-sensor circuitry

What shall I do now? I am doing a long journey tmr morning, and I don't have the time to go to a garage to do stuff....

But I would like to know if this code 25 is something serious that I should find myself alternative transport tomorrow morning, and leave the car with the garage?

Any advise, please do, as I am really worried about tomorrow's journey.

Thanks!

John

Its ok mate! Mine did that the other week as well! If you look in the book, it'll prob say get it to a toyota dealer asap. Well, if i were you, i would take its advise, especially whilst u've still got the same tank of fuel in.

Mine came on the other wk, but i thought - oh well, its driving the same so nothin 2 worry about n i'll take it in 2 mr t's in my own time.

Took it in last tuesday, they found the code to be related to one of the oxygen sensors (u have 4 in ur tank, n 1 of mine were'nt workin). So, they turned the light off and sent me on my merry way with an appointment to bring it in on thursday. Took it in on Thurs - - - well, cos the light wasnt on, they couldnt find the code again, and therefore couldnt place exactly where the problem was!.

One of the girls said when i took it in on thurs was that the code was almost identical to the vehicles with the contaminated fuel in. But, as i had left it nearly 2 wks, i had a completely different tank of fuel in, so i couldnt b tested 4 contamination!!

Moral of the story is - - try n get mr t's 2 look at the code (BUT ASK THEM NOT 2 TURN OFF THE LIGHT ! ), if it is the same as wot i had, get em 2 take a fuel sample (free of charge). It'll cost u at least £84 4 the inspection, plus parts etc. If ur cat is damaged, then it could go in2 hundreds. Luckily, they turned my light off, n all i payed 4 was 30 mins work at £43, but the round trips 2 and from kings lynn prob added 2 it!! :unsure:

Good Luck :huh:

( just a little extra note - I did at least 200 miles with that light on b4 i took it into the garage, n i've done prob the same amount since they just turned it off, so i think you'll b fine! )

Its ok mate! Mine did that the other week as well! If you look in the book, it'll prob say get it to a toyota dealer asap. Well, if i were you, i would take its advise, especially whilst u've still got the same tank of fuel in.

Mine came on the other wk, but i thought - oh well, its driving the same so nothin 2 worry about n i'll take it in 2 mr t's in my own time.

Took it in last tuesday, they found the code to be related to one of the oxygen sensors (u have 4 in ur tank, n 1 of mine were'nt workin). So, they turned the light off and sent me on my merry way with an appointment to bring it in on thursday. Took it in on Thurs - - - well, cos the light wasnt on, they couldnt find the code again, and therefore couldnt place exactly where the problem was!.

One of the girls said when i took it in on thurs was that the code was almost identical to the vehicles with the contaminated fuel in. But, as i had left it nearly 2 wks, i had a completely different tank of fuel in, so i couldnt b tested 4 contamination!!

Moral of the story is - - try n get mr t's 2 look at the code (BUT ASK THEM NOT 2 TURN OFF THE LIGHT ! ), if it is the same as wot i had, get em 2 take a fuel sample (free of charge). It'll cost u at least £84 4 the inspection, plus parts etc. If ur cat is damaged, then it could go in2 hundreds. Luckily, they turned my light off, n all i payed 4 was 30 mins work at £43, but the round trips 2 and from kings lynn prob added 2 it!! :unsure:

Good Luck :huh:

( just a little extra note - I did at least 200 miles with that light on b4 i took it into the garage, n i've done prob the same amount since they just turned it off, so i think you'll b fine! )

Thanks for the reply!

Damn... I just resetted my light using the fuse trick!

What I did just now was:

1. Repeated many times to get the code, just in case I can't count (it still reads 25)

2. Checked the MAF and Oxygen sensor wiring, just to make sure they are still nicely connected.

3. Then I just resetted the light (Not sure if that's a good move) as I wanted to see if it's just an "error of an error code"

Tomorrow morning I will probably take the air box out, and try the 99% alchol spray clean method to the MAF sensor if it's dirty... and fingers crossed, hopefully the light stays off with no problem!

Most of the time I fill up at Shell... only a long while ago I filled up at ASDA... but then the car was driving ok so far... so maybe I am lucky to be away from the dodgy fuel? I live up North BTW.

Can anyone tell me if I made the wrong move resetting the light? :unsure:

I say nothing wrong with resetting it :thumbsup:

If it's an error error then it wont come back, but if it is an error then it will re-occure - if you get what I mean :P

More than likely is the MAF

I say nothing wrong with resetting it :thumbsup:

If it's an error error then it wont come back, but if it is an error then it will re-occure - if you get what I mean :P

More than likely is the MAF

:D :D :D just been driving 2day n the light came back on, and i thought of the guy who started this topic and gave myself a little chuckle! JUST MY LUCK! Gonna take it back in to mr t's 2morro and make them sort it out

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links