Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Radio-mute In Corolla 02 Radio-cd-set

Caramel

I want to connect a Nokia-Car-Kit to my '02 Corolla and can't find out which cable is the radio-mute-cable. My Dealer did not want to tell me as I did not buy the Car-kit there :arrgg-matey:

Can anyone help?

• 5 months later...

There is not a Tel mute as standard on the Corolla, you may have to purchase an Autoleads telemute lead which would switch the stereo off during a call and route the audio through the cars front two Speakers.

regards

Terry

• 2 months later...

I have fitted a nokia cark 91 to my 04 corolla,which mutes the radio and puts the call through the front Speakers. My dealer said it wasn't possible. ;)

If you have the standard Toyota head unit then there is a radio mute as standard :yes:

If you look at the back of the head unit you should see a 12-pin connector. The radio mute is the second pin from the left on the top row of the connector if you are looking at it from the wire side. Only problem is that there will be no vehicle wire running into this pin which means you need a specific terminal on the end of your mute wire to connect it - unless you bodge it together somehow. :ffs:

• 12 years later...

I think you my be sold the car now. 

The  pin 4 is tel-mute 

and in the other 12 socket there is another mute. But i think the first one is what you want 

image.png

image.png