Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tyre Buldge :s Is This Hazardous?

kularm

Ok washing my car and i realised on my rear driverside tyre there is a buldge about 5cm (circle) poking out about 1cm. What is this, and should I be worried, its next to the alloy rim, on the tyre wall.

i'd get the tyre changed asap, as it could blow out at high speed.

cfc1 is the best to ask as he's a tyre fitter

A bulge in the side wall is VERY dangerous; it’s usually caused by kerbing or in some cases a tyre defect. I would recommend you don’t use the car until it is changed because it wouldn’t fail slowly it would be a definite blow out. Unfortunately this type of damage is not repairable so it means a new tyre I’m afraid.

So please do it asap :thumbsup:

Les

The reason you have a bulde is because the nylon cords that hold the tyre together have snapped giving the sidewall no support.. next step = blowout.

Change your tyre ASAP if you can't manage it straight away.. the best thing to do is get a tyre from a wheelbarrow and put it on.. you will find that the spare wheel in the boot will be a very viable alternative to a wheelbarrow wheel if you don't have one.

At least you are still here to pay bills for your car, and not in a heap at the side of the road!

fast but Safe motoring :)

cheersguys, now adds to ever increasing bills i get for my car, dammit!

Motoring is never cheap...............................however the Yaris remains one of the most economical cars to own :thumbsup:

Hope that you have got your tyre changed by now?