Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Envy Cold Air Intake - Arrived

ToTo_17

Hi guys!

The Envy Cold Air Intake arrived this morning! :yahoo: Before long, I was jacking up the car and getting ready to install it. Overall, the kit is fantastic, deep and throaty sound when hitting the gas, the little car is even better now with this mod from Kevin and the gang @ Envy! Thanks Envy! :thumbsup:

Its not too difficult to install, I just followed Kevin's instructions on taking the wheel off and the plastic lining to be able to place the CAI into place. Also, I had to loosen my headlight a little as well to fit the pipe into place properly. The MAF sensor has to be loosened, just cut out and loosen the tape, otherwise it will not reach...

I only have the Perrin Performance crank pulley left to install, and basically thats about it engine and performance wise. Really thinking about the Tein adjustable coiley's though... :drool:

29101834.jpg

29101836.jpg

29101837.jpg

29101844.jpg

29101845.jpg

29101846.jpg

29101865.jpg

29101848.jpg

29101866.jpg

29101867.jpg

29101868.jpg

29101878.jpg

29101892.jpg

29101889.jpg

29101887.jpg

29101885.jpg

29101884.jpg

29101879.jpg

What's the blue pipe for?

Its the breather pipe, as you can see, its running from the engine into the CAI pipe. ;)

Hi Chris, did'nt take you long to fit that! Some great detailed pic's there, should help any body else who is currently fitting their's.

Thanks

Kevin

very nice,

changed mine for an apexi, as it was easier to fit.

Is it the pic or does the filter seem small.

What's the blue pipe for?

Its the breather pipe, as you can see, its running from the engine into the CAI pipe. ;)

Nice install pics mate! Hopefully mine will arrive soon.. I was planning on putting one of those small crank case filters on instead of using the breather pipe, but if I do that - what happens to the 'open hole' on the CAI that the pipe would normally fit onto? :unsure: or should i just fit the breather pipe... :blink:

I wish i had a spare £130, would of loved to have got one of these. There will be none left when i have some money to spend!!

very nice,

changed mine for an apexi, as it was easier to fit.

Is it the pic or does the filter seem small.

Its probably the pic only because the filter is pretty big, not huge but normally big... :D

Nice install pics mate! Hopefully mine will arrive soon.. I was planning on putting one of those small crank case filters on instead of using the breather pipe, but if I do that - what happens to the 'open hole' on the CAI that the pipe would normally fit onto? :unsure: or should i just fit the breather pipe... :blink:

You should get yours soon! ;) Im not sure what would happen with the open hole? Just stick with the breather pipe that is included in the kit... Or ask Kevin what he would recommend.

I wish i had a spare £130, would of loved to have got one of these. There will be none left when i have some money to spend!!

Yeah, unfortunately the kits might be all gone, Im not sure if Envy has anymore, go ahead and ask them because its a superb kit available at a great price! :thumbsup:

Hi Chris, did'nt take you long to fit that! Some great detailed pic's there, should help any body else who is currently fitting their's.

Thanks

Kevin

Hi Kev! You're the man! Yeah, I was so excited about it arriving, that I got to work right away. I wasn't sure if I would be able to install it by myself, but all went swell. :thumbsup: Thanks for a great kit! ;)

Hey guys, I noticed since installing the kit that my revs at idle go up and down about 20-50rpms once in a while. Sometimes it evens out and stays put at around 750 like it was when it was stock, but then after a while starts rising and decreasing then settling again. What causes this, is it because more air is getting into the engine and the ECU is sorting out the mixture and will learn and adapt to the new kit after a while? Anybody else experience such a thing with their CAI kit, is this normal?

Are you going to do some short of cover for the filter or just let it be as it is? It might get some dirt and wet behind the mudguard. I have ELP CAI and filter is located exactly same place. The sound is great! :lol:

Are you going to do some short of cover for the filter or just let it be as it is? It might get some dirt and wet behind the mudguard. I have ELP CAI and filter is located exactly same place. The sound is great! :lol:

I think let it be as is... Do you have a cover on yours? Im not sure how much dirt or water can get in there, its fairly well protected though. What are your experiences with it? Any difference compared to stock? Yeah, the sound is immense! :thumbsup:

Wow looks immense mate, same kinda of set up as my typhoon without the oiled filters!

Genious!

Wow looks immense mate, same kinda of set up as my typhoon without the oiled filters!

Genious!

Your experiences compared to stock? How about in rain, snow or mud? How often do you clean it?

am i being dumb or do you have to leave the wheel arch liner out or put it back after install?

did you tape the fog light wiring out of the way or was that big T anyway?

am i being dumb or do you have to leave the wheel arch liner out or put it back after install?

did you tape the fog light wiring out of the way or was that big T anyway?

No, you dont have to leave the plastic wheel arch liner out, it goes back into place! I just left it out so I can take some pics. Yeah, I used some tape to make sure the wires wouldn't rub the filter, their not really in the way, but I did it anyways.