AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hou

Sponsership Plee

14 posts in this topic

Morning all,

on the 28th of April me and 3 friends are taking part in the Scottish Dash for The Prince Of Wales Hospice. This is a hospice based in Pontefract that cares for high volumes of terminally ill patients making the last moments of their life pain free and comfortable.

It receives no government funding and relys on donations and fundraising to keep going. More details can be found on their newsletter: Spring 2007 Newsletter

The event is a dash to Edinburgh completing tasks along the way getting points. We have a nice big white rover which will have a police stripe down the side and all us 4 lads will be dressed as Police WOMEN! All costs are being covered by the team!

Also any money I raise up to 100 pounds Cadburys will kindly match!

All donations will be kindly received however small!

If you would like to donate to this worthy cause I will be setting up a new paypal account so that i dont incurr fees. Please Contact me for details! Paypal address is now hougt@hotmail.co.uk

Many thanks,

Hou

A worthy cause and an excellent fund raising idea Hou

Good luck :thumbsup:

Les

Good luck with the fundraising Hou. Have you considered receiving donations via the JustGiving website? This is an excellent place for charity donations as you can create your own webpage telling everyone what you intend to do and link it to any registered charity (I have already checked and the PoW Hospice is listed). This means that people can donate what they like and post messages of support, it also tracks how much money has been raised.

2 of the best parts about this website is that any money donated via JustGiving is eligable for a tax refund (as long as the donator is a tax payer) so for every pound someone donates, the government tops it up with the related amount of tax. Secondly, all of the money goes directly to the charity rather than via a third party.

But sadly that website charges a 5% transaction fee on donations, Id rather make sure every penny goes to them!

Just been told men and motors are meant to be covering the event, anone want their company logo on our car?

So ill be on men and motors dressed as a police woman!

Paypal address is now hougt@hotmail.co.uk

Nobody at all?

If I get some on here I will post up pictures of my outfit and maybe even wear it for JAE!

I'll sponsor you mate - will paypal you some dosh over! :thumbsup:

Thanks Em and Les, if you could both PM me your address if you are a tax payer so that they can claim back gift aid?

Thanks

Not long to go now, got my costume just need more sponsorship. Can i persuade anyone else?

Ill sponser ya lad

cheers dude, paypal it across with your house number and postcode. cheers

I paypal'd you some pennies.

cheers darling, can you pm me your house number and postcode if your a tax payer? thanks again